The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Free tickets to TOP GUN or ZAP goodies pack.

Old 03-19-2003, 10:59 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Free tickets to TOP GUN or ZAP goodies pack.

Win tickets to Top Gun or ZAP Pack of goodies.

From Frank Tiano’s column “Sporty Scale” in RCR March 2003

LOSERS AND COWARDS

Now it's time for Uncle Frank to tell you a little story. There's no moral to this story, but it's just so bizarre, I thought someone might be able to throw some light on the subject for the rest of us. Okay, here’s the deal. At Top Gun 2002, in Lakeland, FL, some enterprising modeler from Florida (I believe), took some pictures of me while I was enjoying a Coors Lite beer.

This person then waited until October or so before mailing a set of these pictures to me, to the AMA, and to one or more R/C magazines. According to the note he sent me (which was unsigned, of course), he was hoping that since I had a beer at 5:30 p.m., in public, and at an AMA sanctioned event, that I would be chastised in the most severest way. He went on to say that he was hoping the AMA, "R/C REPORT", and other Top Gun sponsors would see the wickedness of my ways, and discontinue any affiliation with me. His last communication had a couple more photos (pretty good ones, too!) and another note advising me that the next letters, including pictures of my beer, and me would be sent to Futaba and Airtronics! Now, I realize that this magazine is not the best place to air this out, but since this cowardly accuser refuses to reveal his identity, ?I thought it might be fun to deputize all you Sporty Scale guys, and offer either a handsome Zap Pack or a couple of tickets to Top Gun to the first person who reveals the culprit’s name.

And by the way, I'm quite sure that without a signature, none of the companies he mailed the pictures to will comment anyway.

Oh yeah... one more thing. In his last communication he included a copy of the AMA safety rules, specifically quoting #8, which says, "I will not consume alcoholic beverages prior to, nor during participation in any model operations". Since I was not in the competition, and I was not performing any model operations, I still don't see how this applies to me. But isn’t this fun, all the same
Old 03-20-2003, 04:46 PM
xp8103
My Feedback: (16)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Free tickets to TOP GUN or ZAP goodies pack.

While Frank has attracted his share of bad press over the years, some perhaps deserved, some not, anyone who engages in this sort of crap is not worth the time of day. I'll be willing to bet my next project on the fact that Frank wasn't the ONLY participant engaging in some after-the-flying's-done refreshments. It's hot in Florida in April.