Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Airplane restraint

Old 09-04-2002, 09:51 AM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airplane restraint

Most, if not all the ones I've seen are 'home made' usually out of a few peices of copper pipe, with the appropriate fittings (elbows, T fittings, etc..) All can be found at teh local 'home center'

Make a 'U' out of 2 elbows, 4 peices of appropriate lenght pipe, and one 'T' fitting. Make teh U wide enough for your fuse, and tall enough to hold your plane. Put a 'T' fitting inthe midlle of teh bottom of the U, at slightly more than 90¦. Connect a longer length of pipe to the T fitting on the U. Make a hook ont he end of that out of 90¦ elbows. And Solder the whole mess together.

Add some 'pipe insulation' to the uppers of teh U for plane protection.

Ask a plumber, he'll probably get a kick out of the job!

Make a few, and sell them to club-mates, and make sure you charge enough to cover your initial costs!
Old 09-17-2002, 06:15 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airplane restraint

-jon- great picture! I need to make a restraint...

anyone see the newest MA magazine where the club has the restraints built into the table! its very neat looking and very strong