Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Receiver battery size 4*60

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Receiver battery size 4*60

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 09:51 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Receiver battery size 4*60

Hi folks ! My 4*60 has four Futaba S9001 and one S3001 servos. Should I be using a 600mAh or 1000mAh receiver battery capacity? Hope to get inputs from especially 4*60 flyers out there. Thanks in advance for the inputs..............
Old 09-04-2002, 06:39 AM
FHHuber
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on how much you want to fly wthout recharging.... and on your flying style.

The 4*60 can put less load on the battery than a trainer if you just do lazy circles around the field. It can also put a heck of a load on the battery if you are pushing its full throttle aerobatic limits.

I'll be using a 700 mah pack (I happen to have it....) in my 4*60, and I've added retracts and a glider tow release. (which can also be a banner tow release... or can drop things via a string cradle....) I'll expect 3 15 min flights per charge average. Some days when pushing the plane hard, I might only get 2 flights and need to field charge. Some days when doing lazy stuff... up to 5 flights.

I will be using a PCM radio that has the low RX battery power sensing failsafe set to idle the engine. (I happen to have it... I'll use its capability.)

There's nothing wrong with using either a 600 or 1000 mah pack... just pay proper attention to remaining charge before taking off.
Old 09-20-2002, 05:19 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Ugo, what charger do you use and what is your charging current ? Thanks.................