Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Goldberg Good!!!

Old 03-29-2003, 04:38 AM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goldberg Good!!!

I bought this old Goldbeg Chipmunk. The decals were peeling back at the corner and weren't sticky any more. Thats how old it is. I called them up and ordered a new set. I also ordered a parts sheet that was missing. That was Tuesday. I recieved the decals and sheet on Friday. Great service!!!!
Even though I have an old kit and it is die cut, the parts are amazing. Truely excellent die cutting.
My last two kits were as they say "builders kits" . Now, this Goldberg seems like a 10 year old could build it!!! Yipee for Goldberg!!
Old 03-29-2003, 12:22 PM
John Wells
My Feedback: (10)

Default Goldberg Good!!!

You got a very nice flying kit / airplane. That one is a classic, and I don't mean that in a vintage way. The CG Chipmunk builds nicely, flies like a bigger plane, and does beautiful aerobatics. You got yourself a sweet one!

JW
Old 03-30-2003, 01:38 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Goldberg Good!!!

Very true in all respects. That one's a keeper!
Old 03-30-2003, 02:50 PM
RCPilot100
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Goldberg Good!!!

It must be that Goldberg was 'fixed' after being bought by Lanier. Had to be about a year ago that I bought a new and improved Sukhoi - the kit had lite ply ribs that were cut wrong. After three calls to Goldberg, someone admitted they were wrong, thought they had fixed them, and didn't know what to do to get me correct ones - didn't know where the plans were. I was the last thing on their priority list to get done. The best they had to offer was sand them down until they fit - yeah right - on a double taper wing. Took a while but I finally drew up what I needed and fixed myself with no help from Goldberg - a company that I bought from for years but quit doing so after this.

Dan
Old 03-30-2003, 03:38 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Goldberg Good!!!

I am sorry to hear of your recent problems with Goldberg. I have been a strong supporter of Carl Goldberg for many many years and the Tiger 2 and Chipmunk are 2 of the best planes ever made. I still have a Tiger 2 that was flown yesterday and has well over 400 flights on it, ( I keep a log ) and I have my 3rd Chipmunk, as yet unflown in the hangor. The only knock that I have ever had with the Chipmunk kit was the ABS cowling and pants, that have now been replaced with glass one's. I have the same complaints about the ABS junk that comes with the Great Planes kit's as well. I am glad to see that Tower is selling the Carl Goldberg stuff again and I hope that the quality that has been a Carl Goldberg corner stone is retained.
Old 03-30-2003, 08:00 PM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

Default Goldberg Good!!!

O.K. Now that I have some CG Chipmunk folks here, tell me.....What muffler fits in the cowl of this darn thing? Slimline? Bisson doen't seem to and I tried a Topflight civilian remote. I just can't bring myself to cut a hole in the front for the muffler to stick out. Can't do it! Caaan't do it!!
Old 03-30-2003, 08:59 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Goldberg Good!!!

I had one of the old slimline stap on for my Chipmunk. I used a ASP .61, K&B .61, .65, ST .61 at one time or the other.

Dru.

P.S. build it with the flaps and it will land as slow if not slow then a 60 size trainer.
Old 03-31-2003, 01:52 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Goldberg Good!!!

I have a Slim Line Pitts type on my OS 61 in mine and it fits just great. Hope this help's and good luck, Dave