Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Big Stik all balled up.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 02:55 PM
divebomba
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Stik all balled up.

I bought a total package Big Stik with OS .40 LA as my trainer. I Flew one time on a buddy cord and was soloing in 2 days, after about 10 minutes of practicing "aerobatic" maneuvers (meaning i was just making stuff up) I came in for a landing, a heavy cross wind kicked up so i decided to aboort, upon powering out and climbing to about 90 feet, all of the sudden I lost control of the elevator and the plane nose dived at full throttle, It swiftly returned to "kit form". After inspection I found that the Elevator control rod had vibrated out of the clevis. No more Big-stik. I managed to salvage the radio and Engine and clean them up spik and span.

I'm looking for another stik or sport type plane, and need suggestions. My instructor said that hes never seen someone pick it up as fast as I did, (solod on buddy box on 1st day) so Im looking for something in the 40-60 range and realy fast. Any suggestions?

THanks in advance.

Greg
Old 03-01-2002, 05:12 PM
maverick
My Feedback: (12)

Are you looking for an ARF or a kit? If an ARF then the World-Models T-34 Mentor would probably be a good choice. See:

http://www.airborne-models.com/html/t34.html

Should be advanced enough not to get boring but I have also heard they land very well. Also these things are raced with OS .46FX's in them so they should have a reasonable turn of speed.

I don't personally have the T-34 but I do have the P-51 and the quality of construciton was very good.
Old 03-02-2002, 01:38 AM
FIVESQUARE
Banned

Default t-34

Good choice,
4 star 40 should be considered.
Old 03-02-2002, 01:43 AM
divebomba
Banned

Default well

Ive found what I want. A Global Tequila Sunrise .25 size, and im going to put my OS .40 LA on it, Ive read some reviews on it and will most likely get it.

Does anyone have this ARF?

Thanks
Old 03-02-2002, 01:52 AM
FIVESQUARE
Banned

Default Might want to try that T-34

Here is one I havent flown yet..But I am waiting till I can
5square
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	4403_382.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	3504  
Old 03-02-2002, 01:54 AM
divebomba
Banned

i dont see anything in the pic.
Old 03-02-2002, 01:56 AM
FIVESQUARE
Banned

Default what a dufus I am

I will try again....sorry

Name:	4404_382.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	3505  
Old 03-02-2002, 02:22 AM
maverick

Hey 5x5! Funniest looking Tequila Sunrise I have seen......looks more like a Vmar T-34 to me!
Old 03-02-2002, 02:31 AM
maverick

Sorry, I thought the guy was after a pic. of the Tequila Sunrise. I just realised you were showing him what the T-34 looks like. Personally I would avoid the Vmar version and go with the World Models one.

or:

or even:

Old 03-02-2002, 02:35 AM
FIVESQUARE
Banned

Default Mav

me too!
Old 03-03-2002, 10:57 PM
gofastturnleft!

Default sunrise 25 arf

dont even think twice about the sunrise arf ddddddddddooooooooooooooooooontttttttttttttt get it espesially with the 40 it will snap out on you faster than you can see, worst flying plane i have ever flown!
Old 03-11-2002, 03:17 AM
stick flyer

Default Big Stick

I have built the Stick 60 size plane and have flown it many times. I then took the plans and built second plane that looked almost like the kit plane. It now is a low wing plane with a 6 foot wing span instead of 67 inches. I bought the balsa and scratch built the second plane. It is not real hard to do and has a lot of satisfaction to it. Next time put a piece of fuel line on the clevis and it works as a keeper to prevent it from coming off the control horn. The stick is a good flyer and hard to beat.
Old 03-12-2002, 09:12 PM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

Default Dead Stick

Hey.. speaking of balling up an ugly stick... check this out:
Ugly Stick Uglier
Old 03-13-2002, 09:52 PM
stevezero
My Feedback: (11)

Default Dont do the Tequila

That tequila sunrise is a major handful. The thin wing means it needs to fly fast or it will fall like a brick. It also has a serious tendancy to snap stall, and high speed stall. Stick with another stick, or maybe a tower voyager. It has good looks, once you peel the tower logo off, and has great flight characteristics.

Its also cheap too.

Name:	5708_721.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	3506  
Old 03-14-2002, 12:25 AM
Frankenthumb
My Feedback: (2)

You dummy! You put the wheels on the top and the V-Stab on the bottom. How do you plan to land like that?

My second plane was a Profile P51. The "Fun 51" from tower. Super easy to build, and I was doing inverted flat spins 10' from the ground. I mean FLAT spins. It would just go around and around, maybe loosing an inch on every revolution. It was a BLAST to fly, and the kids loved to watch.
Old 03-14-2002, 01:33 PM
stevezero
My Feedback: (11)

LOL JetSD, it always managed to land with the wheels down (well, except that one time, but it slid very nicely on wet grass (gotta love flying off of grass). Wasnt my plane, but I did fly it a couple times, as well as take the pictures. That plane had a dub jett 40 on it, and it flew as if its head was on fire, and its a** was catching it (one of these days, im gonna figure that phrase out). For some strange reason you couldnt dive it at full throttle, cause it would sound like either an accordian, harmonica, or kazoo. Sealed the hingeline on the ailerons, and sunk a small amout of lead in them, and flutter went away. It flew for over a year, and was sold at a swap shop. Funny thing was, once you take that tower logo off the leading edge, people couldnt figure out what it was (it looks familiar, but i cant quite place it) lolol.
Old 03-14-2002, 01:40 PM
divebomba
Banned

Default new plane

Well guys I got my second plane. I found a great trade with a member from this board. And got a World Models Ultimate .30 with a OS .40 FS on it. The thing is like a freaking rocket. On my first day I learned how to do a snap roll. And wanna talk about unlimited Vertical ??? O M G It will just keep going as long as i hold the stick back!!! A great plane. Soon I will post some in flight pics.

Dive.