Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

WANTING: Introductory Course Outline

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

WANTING: Introductory Course Outline

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 07:07 PM
TopRCDawg
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WANTING: Introductory Course Outline

My club is working on a curriculum for a "Intro to RC Flying" class to be taught in conjunction with a local Adult Education facility.

We are looking at a course of 8 weeks, meeting one night per week for about 2-3 hours. What I would like to see is the input of those "in the know" about an outline for those 8 classes with regards to topics to present. Remember, this is only a Intro class - nobody will be learning to fly.

Hopefully, we can introduce more people to the hobby of RC flying - what is costs, AMA membership, terminology, how to find an instructor to learn to fly, what is expected at the field, how to do it safely, etc.

If you have an outline of topics to share, send them to me at [email protected]

I am a newbie to the hobby, and want to help those coming after me to be better informed and better prepared for the total enjoyment of the hobby. Thanks.

Old 04-03-2003, 08:03 PM
Lightfoot
My Feedback: (1)

Default WANTING: Introductory Course Outline

Check out the Beginner's Guide to R/C Flight on my web page. You can download the whole thing in Microsoft Word format or in Adobe Acrobrat format so it can be printed. It is not a curriculum as you requested but is just as it is titled, a beginner's guide. You are welcome to use it as hand-outs in your class if you wish.

R/C Flight Unlimited
Old 04-04-2003, 01:32 PM
TopRCDawg
My Feedback: (11)

Default Thanks

Thanks, Lightfoot for the information. I have downloaded the file and have already learned a thing or two myself.