Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Getting back into the Hobby

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Getting back into the Hobby

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 10:43 PM
kwelz
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting back into the Hobby

After 4 years or so of being out of the hobby I have decided to get back into RC! Yay. I was going through all my old stuff and trying to decide what to do with it. I have decided to give up on Planes. I never had much fun with them so I will be selling them off somehow. I am going to keep my Century Hark Heli, along with an E-flight Heli I have and maybe add a Raptor or Caliber. I am also braking out my T-Maxx and the car that it has been so long I don't even remember what it is.

Now I do have a couple questions. I have a Futaba 9C and a Hitec Eclipse radio for my Aircraft and a JR radio for my cars. Should I send these in and have them checked at the their respective factories or should a good cleaning and new battery packs be all they need.

Secondly What about the engines on cars and Helicopter. Unlike the airplane engines I didn't clean these before the went into storage so I am a bit worried about what any trace fuel may have done in the alternating cold/hot temps.

And finally what about servos and receivers. Should these be ok after this much time?
Old 12-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Getting back into the Hobby

ORIGINAL: Azizza

After 4 years or so of being out of the hobby I have decided to get back into RC! Yay. I was going through all my old stuff and trying to decide what to do with it. I have decided to give up on Planes. I never had much fun with them so I will be selling them off somehow. I am going to keep my Century Hark Heli, along with an E-flight Heli I have and maybe add a Raptor or Caliber. I am also braking out my T-Maxx and the car that it has been so long I don't even remember what it is.

Now I do have a couple questions. I have a Futaba 9C and a Hitec Eclipse radio for my Aircraft and a JR radio for my cars. Should I send these in and have them checked at the their respective factories or should a good cleaning and new battery packs be all they need.

Secondly What about the engines on cars and Helicopter. Unlike the airplane engines I didn't clean these before the went into storage so I am a bit worried about what any trace fuel may have done in the alternating cold/hot temps.

And finally what about servos and receivers. Should these be ok after this much time?

Welcome back

Yes, send both Tx and all the Rx in for a checkup, new batteries also a good choice. The engines may or may not be ok. raw fuel left in them could rust bearings. Do they turn over and are they smooth? A good cleaning and inspection may be all you need.

Pete
Old 12-17-2007, 10:12 PM
kwelz
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also I am seeing a lot about 2.4Ghz TX/RX. I must say that this is something that really interests me. Is there anyplace I can read up on the advantages and if it is better to retrofit my current TX or buy a new one.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:31 AM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Azizza

Is there anyplace I can read up on the advantages and if it is better to retrofit my current TX or buy a new one.
www.spektrumrc.com