Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Does the Toledo show stay in Toledo?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Does the Toledo show stay in Toledo?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 05:52 PM
Backwing
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does the Toledo show stay in Toledo?

I know that sounds dumb, of course it does. But was that show a show that moves around the country each year. Or is it held in Toledo every year?
Would be great to have some kind of major traveling RC show. I know model trains have a couple shows that move around the country. That way more people will have a chance to see it. I know I'll never be able to go to Toledo for an RC show, as much as I would like to.
Old 04-08-2003, 06:21 PM
Fly4Fun2
My Feedback: (25)

49 years and counting ---- all in Toledo. First one was held over a bar and had 5 vendors - 3 from Chicago and 2 from Michigan. It has grown every year and moved around some in Toledo. Used to be out at the Sports Arena.

Next year is 50 YEARS and they promise to have some nice surprises!!! Can't wait!
Old 04-08-2003, 06:45 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The show is hosted each year by the "Weak Signals" which is the Toledo club. However, there are other shows throughout the year. There's the WRAM show in NY and one in LA.

Anybody know of any near Washington for Backwing?
Old 04-08-2003, 11:19 PM
Tippie

It was a something to experience when the had the show at the hockey arena. The last day they turned on the refrigeration to freeze the floor so they could skate that night. You had to wear thick soled shoes to keep your tootsies from freezing on the last day.