Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Ace R/C T-34

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 07:03 PM
Proudtexan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ace R/C T-34

Hello,

I am new to this forum, and I'm not sure this is the right way of doing this. But here I go. I am also new to R/c flying, and I have just completed my first kit. It was an old Ace R/C T-34. It was a lot of fun building, except for getting everything into the cowling. It was pretty torn up after a number of attemps, so I need a new one. I have contacted Ace Hobby, who the current Ace R/C. Only to be told that it was an old kit and they have nothing for it, and referreds me here. The kit is so old, that the original plans do not call for a muffler. This being the cause of a lot of problems. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement cowl for this model?
Old 04-08-2003, 10:53 PM
flicka5
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classified

Post a wanted notice in the classified section of this forum. Sometimes the replacement fiberglass cowl manufacturers would have them available so you need to check their listings. You also can place a free want ad in back of RC Report.

If can't find you can build a mold and make one with some help from someone in your club who has made custom cowls before. Also lots of "how-to-do-it" cowl building articles in RC magazines over the years. Also, RC manuals available from RC magazine publishers for building shapes with fiberglass. You could also fashion one out of balsa with a little skill. Almost endless ideas.

Acquired one of these kits several years ago but sold it last year on eBAY.