Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

The BEAR can and DID FLY

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2002, 08:57 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The BEAR can and DID FLY

Tom Street and BB Weber did it today at the Bomber Field B-17 gathering. They did do a great job with that 22 FT. "Bear". Just simply awesome.
Beautiful flight, a thing of grace and beauty in a clear blue sky with light winds just slightly off RW heading.
Everything worked, a beautiful landing and taxi back.
Yes, the BEAR can fly.

Sights to remember:
3 big Bearcats in a flyby with smoke on.
4 B-17s, everything working, and very low passes down the runway and then nice landings to complete their show.
A beautiful day, a huge crowd, loads of pre-event newspaper and TV publicity, and fantastic continuous Big Bird flying with no mishaps during my time there. Oh a couple bumpy landings but no "tin-benders" that I saw.

Horrace Cain
Candidate, AMA Executive Vice president.
Old 09-23-2002, 09:29 AM
duke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Was one incedent

I too made it to this great event.

Got there early and guess about 9:30 am, guy was flying his scale Corsair approx. 90" wingspan.. awesome plane. He lost it and crashed by runway. Felt it when it hit. Poor guy, i shed a tear for him. I so much like Corsairs.

This was an awesome show. Weather was picture perfect. I did leave before the Bear flew. How bout those Bearcats. Wow! And the Stuka and the...................... Be back next year.
duke