Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Canadian orders-How long??

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Canadian orders-How long??

Old 03-06-2002, 07:22 PM
mefly2
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canadian orders-How long??

Anybody who has ordered from Canada, please help. I ordered some R/C things and sent an international mon. ord. out on the 21st of Feb., and it still hasn't arrived at the destination. My post office says that Canadian mail is slow, and that anything mailed from the US hits the border and sits. I'm really starting to get a little (OK, very) nervous about this. I am wondering if anyone else has had this kind of trouble, or do I have a serious problem?

-Bob
Old 03-06-2002, 07:31 PM
Goggles
My Feedback: (4)

Bob, you are correct about the Canadian mail. It is very SLOW!!! And to toss in the fact that your mail is coming from the US will make it even slower. I know it's been almost 2 weeks but give it till mid next week before I would start to worry.
I guess the faster thing to do is use paypal, western express or something like that.
Old 03-06-2002, 08:48 PM
Carroll-RCU
My Feedback: (43)

I sold a motor to a gentleman in Canada and it took three weeks for him to receive it. Don't worry, It'll get there in the next week to ten days
Old 03-06-2002, 09:40 PM
can773
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mmmm what are you guys doing that takes soo long?? I send stuff all the time from Canada down and when I get it sent back I get it in 5-6 business days just about every time, using straight USPS surface mail, certainly does not take weeks. Just remember DO NOT SHIP TO CANADA WITH UPS, that is my advice for the day
Old 03-06-2002, 10:09 PM
RC_Junky

Default wait time from Canada

Hey, I just got an engine test stand (small package) that I bought from one of the moderators here at this forum, it was totally legit and it took 2 weeks plus to get to FL from Canada. I too was starting to get that uneasy feeling but, it showed up. Sometimes it just takes a long time. Hang in there, and keep the faith.
Old 03-06-2002, 11:35 PM
Chopper01

You guys are spoiled! I don't expect any order to arrive in under 2-3 weeks, whether I'm ordering from within the country or from the US. Sometimes I order to my American PO box and it still seems to take several weeks. But then again UPS seems to go on strike whenever I pay extra for next-day air mail, maybe they don't like me
Old 03-07-2002, 12:31 AM
Derrick-RCU

mefly2 : As others have mentioned, don't worry yet. I have found that sending stuff accross the border to the US from Canada is usually hassle free but when I am waiting on something to come from the US it takes a little longer than expected. I have heard that it usually sits at the border for a few days as the Canadian Customs can be a bit anal in getting their work done and in a timely fashion.....
Old 03-07-2002, 02:40 AM
slam

I do know that I have received some things from the US in days, but also waited over a month for an item because it was tied up in Customs for weeks. Since 09/11 it seems that anything remotely resembling elctrical items gets delayed and opened. I would guess that US Customs would be at least as vigilent and therefore that maybe where the delay is. I was definitely questioning things before the month was up but it showed up!
Old 03-07-2002, 07:37 PM
mefly2

~WHEW~ Well, maybe I'm worring too much, and it might be that I hate waiting for things to happen. I'll just have to wait and see. Thanks everybody, I feel a little better about everything now.

-Bob
Old 03-07-2002, 08:06 PM
Dazzler

Did you order this item through a reputable company? or an individual?
Old 03-08-2002, 09:07 AM
mefly2

The person I ordered the stuff from is from a small company, I believe the owner. As far as 'reputable', I'm not sure but at this point I would say yes. The thought has crossed my mind about him receiving the $$$ and then telling me he never did, but I do not in any way want to assume this. I believe he is honest, and I guess I'll find out. My main worry was that the m.o. got 'lost' or somebody else somehow cashed it. I checked where I bought it and I can fill out some papers and find out if it's been cashed and by whom, but, as I said, I will leave it go for now and see what happens. From the great amount of feedback I've received about this matter, I will blame it on sloowww mail service.

-Bob
Old 03-08-2002, 05:21 PM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

I send covering to Canada a lot and it takes forever for it to arrive North of the border, and the same when it's coming South. Just hang tight it should get to you by the New Year!!!!
Old 03-08-2002, 07:35 PM
Derrick-RCU

I ordered some plans from RCM the end of Feb. My credit card was billed on March 1, I am still waiting on the plans but I am not worried as I know it is usually slow getting here.
Where was it you sent your money? What part of Canada? There are many Canadians who use this board and I am sure could try and help if you get stuck.
Old 03-12-2002, 08:53 AM
mefly2

My mo showed up today!! Sure feel alot better. Thank you everyone who kept my hopes up and my worries down.

-Bob
Old 03-12-2002, 06:05 PM
Derrick-RCU

Great!....Actually my plans arrived in the mail today too....