Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Sullivan Head Lock Remote issues

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Sullivan Head Lock Remote issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 07:20 AM
nick.wright
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sullivan Head Lock Remote issues

I have 2 Sullivan Head Lock Remote units (got a new one yesterday) that will not work. My Hot Shot will glow a plug very bright on its own, but when its attached to the remote, it will not glow it at all. I've checked continuity to make sure it is properly grounding out and also checked that the connection was ok to the plug element. Can anybody help??????
Old 04-18-2003, 12:34 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Call Sullivan and explain your situation. I've used one their Remote units for over 3 years and it still works as good as day one.

Jerry
Old 04-18-2003, 12:45 PM
nick.wright

Default remote glow

Jerry,
Where are you bolting your ground wire to? I had mine going to a engine case bolt (Saito .30).
Old 04-18-2003, 02:31 PM
pcm
My Feedback: (13)

That is where I have mine grounded also, right to the engine case. When you attach the head lock make sure it is a nice snug fit.

If you are trying to hold the plug and see it light then you will have to hold the ground wire on the glow plugs threads.

I have had to modify the head lock for certain plugs because it would not go over the plug itself.

Good luck.
Old 04-18-2003, 05:08 PM
nick.wright

Default ground

I GOT IT!!!! At least I think so :stupid: . I'm gonna run the ground between the plug and the head. I think it'll work.........
Old 04-18-2003, 07:44 PM
phughes

make sure the insulation is stripped away from the mount as well (for the ground). I use one with an aftermarket plug attachment, it works great. As the other poster mentioned, though (and I will admit I did this) when checking to see if it works you must still be touching the engine with a part of the plug to see if it is lit. I remeber working on it for about an hour not quite understanding what I was doing wrong, then the lightbulb went off . . .So if this is your problem know that there is at least one other person that was not testing it corectly as well.

Good Luck!