Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Is Honesty the best policy?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Is Honesty the best policy?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2002, 09:35 PM
RENORACER
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Honesty the best policy?

I recently purchased a Sig SE kit on line,(cant say from who just yet). It arrived today and to my surprise it was the ARF version. I intended to build the kit for my son who is in the Air Force now. The cost was only $81 with shipping, and the ARF goes for around $200. That is a pretty big mistake on their part, and to the benifit of mine.(i think) The covering on it is pretty Wrinkled in many areas. It would take some doing to make it look good.

Here is my delima... I cant help but feel guilty about their mistake and I am wondering what some of you would do.

Send it back and get the Kit version, or just Keep my mouth shut and keep the one they sent.

Ps; I didnt open any of the packaging yet, just opened the box to have a look.

RENORACER
Old 09-25-2002, 10:07 PM
Enriki

RENORACER, you allready know the answer to your question, besides it will allways be a ARF, and not the plane you wanted to build that no one else has with the pretty covering job just the way you wanted it.
Old 09-25-2002, 10:26 PM
RENORACER

Thanks for the afirm. on my feelings, Just wondering what others might do if this happened to them. You are right , it would never be the one of a kind that I had planed on. I am going to call where I bought it from tomorrow and go from there.

thanks again, RenoRacer
Old 09-25-2002, 11:00 PM
digger.10

Dump the ARF,
Build your plane,
Be happy.

Must be kind of tempting, though, seeing it all built and practically ready to go right in front of you!
Old 09-26-2002, 07:10 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

i have the kit and i suggest building the kit! nothing is better than building it yourself
Old 09-26-2002, 08:31 PM
RENORACER

Thanks to everyone that posted. I called the company where I bought the kit and they were very greatfull for my call. It was a mistake on the part of the shipping dept.. I was quite relieved after making the call, and now I can sleep in peace. lol

Its nice to know that there is a lot of honesty in this great hobby we all have.

My new kit should be here by monday, and I can finally start building it. All shipping charges will be taken care of by the company. Now I guess I can let the cat out of the bag so to speak.

The company that I bought the kit from was Chief Aircraft and they have great customer relations. Very plesant and understanding..

I would invite any one that is in this hobby to check them out, as they deal in real full scale airplanes as well as R/C.

Thanks again to all that posted,, RENORACER
Old 10-13-2002, 09:49 PM
Enriki

YES
Old 10-13-2002, 11:43 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

chiefaircraft.com is my favorite company for buying any rc product!