Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

RC on the big island, Hawaii

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

RC on the big island, Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 01:10 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RC on the big island, Hawaii

I'm here for the rest of the week in Hawi (north of Kona).
Edwin
Old 03-04-2008, 08:31 AM
outdoorhunting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC on the big island, Hawaii

Edwin-- I feel sorry for ya. I guess somebody has to be there to enjoy all that terrible weather..
Old 03-04-2008, 04:46 PM
Edwin

Yeah! Its really bad. Went fishing last weekend and only got a couple of yellow fin tuna and a 18lb mahi mahi. Had to throw back a 7' black tipped shark that wore out three of us. Then did a float plane ride around honolulu and yesterday did a 2 hour heli ride. Honolulu is nuts, dont drive there. How am I ever gonna have fun with a schedule like that .
Edwin
Old 03-04-2008, 05:04 PM
outdoorhunting

You must either know someone, have something on someone you know, or independantly wealthy!! (laf-laf- har -har) What a life !!
Old 03-04-2008, 09:37 PM
Edwin

We have a nephew that lives here. He works in construction. Couldnt do it staying in hotels. The boat belonged to a friend of his. My wife saved up for 5 years for this trip. She forced me into this.
Edwin
Old 03-05-2008, 07:32 AM
outdoorhunting

Forced you into it huh? Man, sounds like you're a real pushover for a deal like that ! Who wouldn't be ? It can't all be that good can it ? I bet you can't go out in the yard & slip on some ice, or maybe scrape ice off your windshield. See, there are SOME drawbacks, even in paradice. I understand that the wind always blows there. Like 15-20MPH. How can they fly RC?
Old 03-05-2008, 10:47 AM
Robotech
My Feedback: (9)

Spent two days in Honolulu and 7 days on Kana last fall. Absolutely paradise. Still can't believe it was real. I hope you ate the Mahi Mahi. Best white fish I've ever eaten.

I understand there is a flying club located near the airport, but I was not allowed to even entertain the thought of RC activities.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Edwin

Oh yeah! That mahi was wonderful. Cubed and cooked in a little olive oil with a japanese light breading and a few choice spices, heavenly. I cooked them some good old fajita's with guacamole style deviled eggs (not yoke), my custom pico and wife made her wonderful hot sause. The yellow fin tuna was good but tuna normally isnt my choice. Actually, we got into some ice yesterday evening up at the observatories on Mauna Kea. Damn cold but crystal clear night viewing at the visitor center star parties. I'm too old for that lack of oxygen. Didnt get a chance to check out the club field in Hilo. There have been several days of mild winds, 10 mph or so. Inland its not so bad. And the $5 big mac, its a myth. Just about the same price as mainland. But why bother with that! Will be coming home next saturday. Really hate that flight.
Edwin