Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

My first Toledo trip

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 06:19 PM
weathervane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first Toledo trip

Well it's over. The Toledo show has come and gone. I went to the show for the first time this year. I was not disappointed.
My first impression was a good one. Parking was not bad. I did have to pay to park but it seemed fairly reasonable. I liked the price of admission. When I first walked in on the main floor I liked what I saw. Vendors as far as I could see. I liked the fact that there was a wide variety of vendors. It did not matter what your interests. The aisles were wide and and offered lots of room to move around. I liked how all the different vendors were mixed together. I did not have to worry about walking down an aisle of all one product. It was nice to see how the different vendors presented there products. I found the static display in the center of the floor to be a great center point. The models on display were of great quality. (A lot better than any of mine) The signs telling you what to find where made for a great reference point. It helped a lot in how to find where you saw that one spot you want to go back to.
I met a lot of great people while I was at the show. I found everyone to be very friendly and more than willing to talk. It was nice to put a face to the name. I think for me the best part of the trip has to be bumping into RCKen and MinnFlyer. I also ran into one of the guys at the airport on the way home. I'm sorry but I forgot to get his name. It was still cool to talk to these people in person instead of trying to type a message.
So with all of this said how do I rate the Toledo show? Well I give it a 10. I had a great time, found some great deals, met some great people and saw some truly great products.

I will be back,
Andrew