Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Simple question/ chopper

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 12:39 AM
arpicom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simple question/ chopper

I am beginner here but I am fascinated... My questions is about what to buy. I am looking to buy my first chopper which would be either Blade CP or Blade 400. The issue is...not sure which one to get.
I like the 400 better but I don't want to crash it right away because it's expensive. I think I have enough understanding to take it easy and practice first but still....Can anyone indicate if maybe it's stupid to jump right at 400? Would it be REALLY advisable to go to a smaller one first or is it possible to master the 400 with patience? (I never flew one before)

Thank you so much,
Dan
Old 04-08-2008, 10:48 PM
BillyGoat

Default RE: Simple question/ chopper

I suggest doing some reading on the RC Helicopter Beginners Forum. You will very likely find the answer to your question, along with a ton of info you didn't even know you needed.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_165/tt.htm
Old 04-09-2008, 06:47 AM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

Get a sim first if you don't already have one. You will save the amount you spent on it by not crashing as much.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Montague

Based on having a Blade CP and a T-Rex 450, and talking to and flying with a heli expert in my club who has a Blade 400, Blade CP, and several T-Rex flavors, I'd say go with the Blade 400 if you can swing it.

The 400 flys TONS better than the CP. And replacement parts for the 400 are quite reasonable. Sure, the CP has cheaper parts, but you'll go through a lot more of them. The CP is squirly and a lot harder to fly than the T-Rex or Blade 400.