Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Ama Event Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2002, 10:10 PM
THE TAILBACKER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ama Event Insurance

I would like some input on this. We have a few AMA Chartered clubs here. This one individual is president and founder of one club plus a member of ours. He constantly underminds our club leadership.
Meaning we read about events our club is sponsoring for their club in magazines and we do not even know about it.
it did not even come up for a vote. Sure it may not be a real big deal but what about common courtesy.
What about this man forcing our club to assume responsiblity for an event his "chartered club" should assume. The cost of chartering a club is not much more than a carton of good cigarettes.
Old 03-11-2002, 12:30 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Ama Event Insurance

Originally posted by THE TAILBACKER
I would like some input on this. We have a few AMA Chartered clubs here. This one individual is president and founder of one club plus a member of ours. He constantly underminds our club leadership.
Meaning we read about events our club is sponsoring for their club in magazines and we do not even know about it.
it did not even come up for a vote. Sure it may not be a real big deal but what about common courtesy.
What about this man forcing our club to assume responsiblity for an event his "chartered club" should assume. The cost of chartering a club is not much more than a carton of good cigarettes.
How is your club "sponsoring" events for another club?
How can one person *force* one club do something for another club?
Are these clubs operating out of the same facility?
What does charting cost have to do with your perceived problem?
Methinks you aren't too clear either in your stated comments and/or your thought processes.
Old 03-11-2002, 12:53 AM
THE TAILBACKER

Well, me thinks your not gettin it here. So lets play it out. Lets say I am President and founder of my own charter club. I am also a member of another club. Now every year I put on a contest. Every year I get the other club to sponsor my personal event so i do not have to put my own club at an insurance risk if something happens. I also do this without really telling everyone what is really going on. So if a plane gets out of control,comes in and nails some girlscout eating her cookies, my own club is fine and the other club is in it pretty deep with the AMA and a boatload of lawyers.
Old 03-11-2002, 02:31 AM
Dave Barrow-RCU

If he does this without your club leadership's knowledge , they should take action against him. They should report him to the AMA, and tell them he is not to represent your club with them in a registered letter. They should also write to any magazine, newsletter, etc... that he advertises in to tell them to print a retraction. If he does this with your club leadership's knowledge, bring it up for a vote at your club's meeting that this stop.
Old 03-11-2002, 03:52 AM
Dzlstunter

Dave is absolutely right. Not following Dave's advice will create more problems down the line than any confrontation will now. If your club shares a field (such as a public park facility), you may also need to discuss the matter with the field owner. Better to have a few noses out of joint than your own club's a-- in a sling! Dzl
Old 03-11-2002, 03:51 PM
stick flyer

Default AMA INSCURANCE

This sounds like the individual that has his own club is NOT AMA Chartered and is using your club charter to insure his activities. This could be considered using false information to get the insurance. As president of a club at no time does the club have an activity that hasn't been discussed in a meeting. We participate in about 5 different events each year and the club members are aware of all of them. This sounds to me as you may want to consider having one less member in your club to protect the entire club from liability. To have an event you need a CD to handle the paper work which includes getting the insurance. Good Luck
Old 03-12-2002, 03:35 AM
THE TAILBACKER

FYI-His club is chartered.