Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Kavan geared starter Help!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Kavan geared starter Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2002, 03:15 AM
Dazzler
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kavan geared starter Help!!!!

I'm hearing good things on this starter for bigger engines, and I think I'm going to order one tomorrow. I was looking at Central hobbies website and see they have a case for it that takes like 10 or 12 1.2volts batteries. For those of you that have this starter, is the case pretty good or should I just go and buy a 12volt battery, having it portable is not important to me, but does this case have any other advantages? Thanks, Daz...
Old 03-12-2002, 04:30 PM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

I don't have this starter (just a normal Hobbico one). I used to have the attached 12V gel-cel, which sucked. Not powerful enough.

I now use a nicad pack holder made by KSJ that holds 2 6-cell packs, wired in series. This setup rocks - using 2000 mAh cells, the 12 cells produce nearly 17 volts when fully charged and can supply enough amperage to break connecting rods

You'll definitely have more power with the nicads.

Less bulky than the 12V battery, too.
Old 03-12-2002, 04:55 PM
SMALLFLY-
My Feedback: (19)

I know several people that have them and since they are a gear reduction starter a gel cell 12v 7 amp works fine. I have seen them start small gas engines. I just ordered a magnum gear reduction starter which is very similiar. Anyone have any experience with them. quantummodels has them and there a few bucks cheaper than the kavan
Old 03-12-2002, 04:58 PM
BigBird1
My Feedback: (4)

I'd go for the Magnum. been using one for a year....
with 2 gell cells hooked together + to +, - TO - it'll trun over a g62..but that problem went away with a electronic ignition