Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

How to start a rc car club?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

How to start a rc car club?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 08:42 AM
Lee Murphy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to start a rc car club?

[8D]Hello All !!!

I would like to start an RC car club in my county, due to we have none. Our local track is atleast 50 mile away, and we do have one local hobby shop. It may seem difficult considering we have no track, but I have a few resources on areas to build a track. Im looking for insight on basically what it takes to get a club running. So perhaps if you are in a club or a club officer, you can post some information about getting started and some ideas you or your club have experienced. Dont be afraid to post the negative aspects also. Thanks for your help!!!

Old 05-20-2008, 02:26 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: How to start a rc car club?

First thing is to see what local interest you have. see if the LHS will let you post a sign or flyer, asking for anyone interested to reply to you, or take an ad in the paper or in whatever hobbyist magazine caters most closely to your type hobby. I'd say there should be others like you who'd rather not have that long drive. Once you get some interest, hold a meeting and talk over your (and others') ideas on a club, or a local track. It's usually easy to get people who are interested in something close, a bit more difficult to get an idea rolling that everyone will agree on, and even a bit more difficult to get a committment from that group to chip in labor and/or $$$ to make it happen.

If you get enough interest to form a club, you need a set of by-laws, basically a set of rules to operate under and keep the playing field level for everyone. You'll need club officers, a membership fee setup for operating costs, a place to meet and a regular date for meetings.

On a thought, maybe the local LHS will assist you in the endeavor, as it will be to his advantage to promote the hobby, help him make money .