Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

If you had the room you'd...

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

If you had the room you'd...

Old 05-09-2003, 07:57 PM
Mikel-t
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you had the room you'd...

I'm adding a loft over my garage that is 16'x24' and want to devote a 12'x 16' area for my first real shop. I think I have analysis paralysis thinking about all that space. Do I plan a countertop work surface? Band saw and scroll saw in the middle? Standing height walk around table with counters on the walls? ( I have already had the 2"x6" framing cross-blocked at 40 inches) Please give me a clue as to what works best if this was yours to do. Please hurry as the wife is starting to think about a sewing room!!!!! thanks Mikel-T.
Old 05-09-2003, 08:17 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You want the work table in the middle so as not to damage the wings and things when you swing them around. Put the saws by the walls or on some kinda caster unit to move them around. Put some power plugs in the floor in the neighborhood of the working table and you got it made. Good Luck, Dave
Old 05-09-2003, 08:40 PM
R/C....

put a workbench in...then the rest will come ...but you need to mark your territory asap or you're history.
Old 05-09-2003, 08:59 PM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

Well here's how I set mine up and it's 13X25X11. I have 3 solid core doors down one side with 1/4" mahagony on top, a buffet tabe at one end with a solid mahagony door on it that I can walk around. If I need more room for a bigger plane I have 2 small tables under the long work bench that I can slide out and set up in the middle of the room. Now with it set up this way I have had a Byron AT-6 in there with the wings on and a 1/3 scale Flybaby Bipe with both wings on. If you plan very carefully and know what size planes you will build then you should come out all right. I'll dig up some digitals of the dungeon when I have a chance and you can see what I am talking about. Its been this way for 10 years and no problems.
Old 05-10-2003, 12:13 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have 2 benches. One very solid one against the wall, and one in the middle of the room for 360* access.
Old 05-10-2003, 04:19 PM
awesome
My Feedback: (1)

And don't forget the bar fridge!