Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

this ever happen to you?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 03:04 PM
summerwind

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default this ever happen to you?

well i stepped in it this time.
got into electrics (got the bug is more like it) about 3 weeks ago......bought 2 planes, motors, batteries, balancing charger. yada yada.........every single item purchased has been flawless.
decided to get the GP Reactor Bipe in the air this coming week as i have it off, and what better time to get into flying this stuff vs my gas ships.
decided to take GP's advice and go all Futaba s3154 digitals as these little guys have perfect centering. had bought 2 for the rudder and elevator and then decided, "what the heck, might as well go all 4 servos the same". put in the order with Tower, and get the box on Saturday...............here's the kick in the teeth, ordered a 10x7E prop and they send me a pack of fuel line...huh?..........the prop is actually a back up for the single wing Reactor i will build later in the week.
but out of the 2 S3154's i just ordered i get one that has a dead band at center in which it will not move to left stick input...........now before we go blaming the radio, let me tell you, it's a 12Z and is new and works perfect with all my other servos and what not, so the new servo is defective.
of course a call to Tower gets me a prop on the way (always good about them), but i have to send the servo in for them to see and then they will send me another one.............so much for using all digitals on the new plane.
i will substitute 3114's for the Bipe for now, but is it ironic that a guy can order all kinds of stuff as he needs it, but the one time i really need something i get a defective item?

the old saying goes like this, "if it weren't for bad luck, i'd have no luck at all".......
Old 06-30-2008, 10:43 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: this ever happen to you?

The down side is that getting a new part that is defective doesn't happen often, but it does happen. [] The up side is that you ordered it from Tower and they will somehow make it good.