Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

K&B .40

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 05:00 AM
bassfish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&B .40

Hi Guys, Urgently need help. I have a Sig Kadet LT-40. The problem I'm having is with the K&B .40 it has on it, as well as a fuel problem. To start with, the needle adjustment screw is set at 4 1/2 turns out. When I throtle out the revs do increase, but not for long. It then boggs down and then stops. If I restart it, when trying to turn the needle either way (counter clock ways or clock wise to re-adjust) it starts to peak out and again it seems to get too much fuel again stopping the engine. It is using excessive fuel no mater wich way I adjust the needle. When flying with the best adjustment I can get, I get a dead stick every time. Now here's one more problem, While running or turning the prop to prime the engine, I'm seeing bubbles in the fuel line. Pleas help me with any advise, Thanks in advance >>>-> Bill
Old 07-26-2008, 09:04 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: K&B .40

It sounds like you have an air leak in either your fuel lines or your fuel tank. You should remove your tank and check for leaks at the plunger and replace your fuel lines. With air going into the engine, you will never get it adjusted correctly. Fix the air leak and then try to adjust it. Good Luck, Dave
Old 07-26-2008, 09:04 AM
vegas mossie

sounds like you have a leak in the fuel system, or your clunk is stuck in the tank. fix the air bubble issue first, then try to re-tune the engine. good luck
Old 08-01-2008, 04:08 PM
Wild Foamy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep, no doubt an air leak.

reaplce the fuel lines if possible (or check the old ones for damage) as even a pin ***** can let air into the system

after that, return to base settings and try again
Old 08-01-2008, 04:21 PM
bassfish

That was it (air leak). Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Wild Foamy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so have you fixed it now? hows it running?