Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Buy'n and sell'n!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 03:08 PM
cublover
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Buy'n and sell'n!!!

This last week has not been the best week, and with this little problem i had,, i needed to rant for a min, and really would like your guy's imput. This last Sunday, I looked in "buy and sell" looked through ads in the Radio section, as i need a new one. There was a great deal on a radio , and i had to make an offer. The first thing I did, was go to his ratings page to see if he could be trusted, and if I would be safe in sending this guy money for the radio. It seemed ok, I offered, and he sent an invoice for the radio. The next day, "monday" I went , got a "western union" money order from the local truck stop that is close buy, and sent it out..5:30 AM. On Monday morning bout 9:30, I called the seller and told him the money was on its way, "I like to keep on top of transactions, and let the seller OR buy'r know of whats going on" all I got was an "ok", and the convo was cut short, I went back to work with no worries. I done my part! By yeaterday, I STILL havent heard from the guy who I bought the radio from, so I sent him a mail, said to him, Uhmmm,,,did you get the money for the radio? He sent me a mail back and said "yes I got the check day before yesterday, would have been on Wed. So I was very happy he got the funds. I sent a reply back to him asking if he sent the radio out, as I'd love to have it for the weekend. he reply'd "No Im gonna dep. the check into my account, and WHEN it clears, ill send it out. might be on tues of next week...TUESDAY!!!!!!!!!..you got to be kidding, I thought to my self, because as we all know,, money orders are good as cash...go cash it...and get-r-done!!! Thats where the deal is, as it stands. Needless to say, and just wondering to myself, "DID YOU LOOK AT MY RATINGS???" Why do we have ratings, if nobody is going to judge a deal they make with someone, if there not gonna look at them? I know we all need to protect ourselfs from "frauds", and im NOT say'n this guy is one of them, but i guess it just makes me a little pissy if a guy cant take the time to see if im a good buy'r and or seller....

I had to work out of town for a couple of months, but still like to do trading while out of town. I offered a PT-19 Stearman NIB for servos, and ASKED in my ad to please CALL me because i would not be near a puter.7 replys& questions through e-mail, one guy did in fact call...we made the deal, and when i got home the box of servos were at my door...now that was niceeeeee!!!!,,,very smooth transaction. He must have seen my ratings,,again the word "ratings" and felt like he would be comfy in knowing I wasnt a flake. The VERY NEXT day,Saturday, since i got home at 11:30 PM friday night. I sent the plane right out to him, just like I said i would. he called me and said the plane came and it was in perfect shape...........That my friends, is how you do biz.. I have passed up several deals, just because of the users Ratings. its not worth me getting ripped off on ANY site.

Guess my overall question is, how many of you guys use the ratings section of RCU to figure out if you feel safe about doing biz with others??...This just blows me away how many people DONT or cant read all the info on ad's, and cant take the time to figure out if the deal is a good deal from a up-standing gent, just by clicking on his ratings page...

Rod AKA Cublover
Old 08-30-2008, 04:00 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Buy'n and sell'n!!!

Anytime someone sends me a Western Union M/O, it clears befoere I ship. They are the MOST couterftted M/O around. I now have a policy of accepting only USPS M/O if not using PayPal. That way I can cash it at the P/O when shipping.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:09 PM
cublover

I'll remember that...did not know that at all,,interesting...ill use USPS m/o from now on..thanks for the reply...Rod
Old 08-30-2008, 05:13 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

I do the same, USPS, is the way to go
Old 08-30-2008, 08:22 PM
AIRPLANENUTS
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never send money to strangers, so I miss out on some good deals. Just don't trust people to do the right thing. I've read several trader's ratings that are all good but one, and I don't want to be that one guy who sends his money but never gets his stuff in return.

Good luck with your transaction. Once he's got your money, he's in the drivers seat.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:10 AM
outdoorhunting

Yeah, USPMO. The only way to go. However, I sent one to Canada for an item. It took over 2 weeks to get there. I was panicking, sending the seller an email everyday. I sent it registered & sent the seller email a copy of my reciept. Long story- short It took almost a month to complete that transaction. I won't buy from anyone in Canada again. Document everything guys. I'll trust "anybody- with varification " !!!
Old 09-04-2008, 06:25 PM
cublover

yup,,but the question still stands,,,does anyone look at the ratings???...i guess with the few' responces i got on this thread,,,that very few do...sad....
Old 09-05-2008, 08:18 AM
outdoorhunting

I ALWAYS check out the ratings. If the person has a bad report, "I'm outa there" !!! Same with EBay.