Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

homemade heli in-flight mixture adjustment

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

homemade heli in-flight mixture adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 12:58 AM
jason007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default homemade heli in-flight mixture adjustment

OK first off I'm posting this in the clubhouse since the plane guys will see it too and can offer some ideas.

I have a Shuttle ZXX with a OS .32 SX-H motor and I want to use a micro servo to adjust the needle valve, now with this in mind I'm looking for ideas on how to mount some kind of arm on the end of the valve. Like most motors the needle valve has an small hole in the end and a small set screw in the side of it, I'm trying to figure out how to make something to attach to it. I'm putting the servo about 4 inchs from the needle valve so I could use a push rod to make a direct connection.

The main reason for this is the weather is crazy here in the north georgia mtns and when I fly the mixture settings bounce between 1 to 3 clicks as the temp changes during the day, and I'd rather turn a knob on the radio than land stop the blades and adjust the mixture.
Old 05-22-2003, 02:10 AM
trioval00
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default homemade heli in-flight mixture adjustment

see if you can get a needle from a ducted fan motor, all my ducted fan motors already have arms on them just for the reason, in flight mixture control.

mark