Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Don Muddiman Flying Machine

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Don Muddiman Flying Machine

Old 12-03-2011, 01:43 PM
screamrp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Don Muddiman Flying Machine

My main thing is to reach very high speeds yet only use 3-cell and 4-cell Lipos to do it. //  The Flying Machine in Electric Version with a 4-cell will out perform the Pogo with a 6-cell set up if this gives you an idea of what we have done. //  I just came back from flying today in constant 15 to 20 mph winds flying my Scream Machine REAPER Electric, the regular size and the new MINI REAPER ( one of a kind right now ) and Kevin Goza did his best to Video them both to put on RC Universe next week.  The videos should really get some attention fast and open the eyes of allot of folks out there that have no idea just how fast you can make a fully aerobatic Sport Plane go.  So many guys get hung up on just SPEED, and Pylon plane YARD DART stuff.  I want AEROBATICS and speed, I want my cake and eat it too. //  Once you see the Reaper fly, you will get the whole picture of what the Flying Machine can do also.  I'll put it this way so all Pilots can relate;  there isn't any plane out there powered with a O.S.46 with a tuned pipe and all, that I won't take on.  And the Mini Reaper smokes the regular Reaper.
  I have talked to Don several times about having an Electric Flying Machine ARF someday, and I think it will happen once they get the Fuel version on the Market. Even if it takes a while, just buy the fuel version ARF and start cutting away what's not needed.  The Flying Machine still has the BEST aerodynamics of any Sport plane out there. roger p.  

Old 12-04-2011, 05:53 AM
flyingmachine
My Feedback: (9)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use a MACS header and unmuffled tuned pipe, I tap the pipe in the middle for pressure, works great!

Old 12-06-2011, 07:16 AM
flygilmore

Sorry if this has been addressed before but is there a plans set available that one could do a scratch build of this plane? I assume that there are no more kits?

I have been wanting to have a FM for a long time and any help would be greatly appreciated!!

thanks.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:39 AM
bkg1956

Hello! Don Muddiman used to supply plans for his Flying Machine. Not sure he still does since Condor Hobbies is building an ARF. Don's website is http://www.eagle-i.us/fm/.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:40 AM
screamrp

Hi,
Contact the Designer -DON MUDDIMAN in St. Cloud, Fl. by going to Don Muddiman's Flying Machines Web-Site on Google. He will get you what you need. - Roger Purcell SCREAMRP
Old 12-06-2011, 07:42 AM
bkg1956

Hey Roger! We both replied at exactly the same time! Great minds...! Hope you're having a great day, King!
Old 12-19-2011, 09:40 PM
bkg1956

Been awfully quiet on here! Somebody know something I dont???

Hope everyone has a Merry CHRISTmas!! It's all about Him!!
Old 12-19-2011, 09:57 PM
Dave McDonald
My Feedback: (19)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep, it's been over 3 weeks since any updates on the status of the FM ARF.

I hope this doesn't mean bad new for those of us who got our hopes up.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:03 PM
vpresley
My Feedback: (162)

Hi

I emailed Condor Hobbies, he said 30 to 45 days and they should be here. Currently in production. That is a quote!

Vince
Old 12-19-2011, 10:29 PM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Dave McDonald

Yep, it's been over 3 weeks since any updates on the status of the FM ARF.

I hope this doesn't mean bad new for those of us who got our hopes up.
i gave up on it... they got my hopes up last year and shot for summer 2011.... what a waste i have a rossi45 just sitting idle
Old 12-20-2011, 12:07 AM
bkg1956

Thanks Vince!!
Old 12-20-2011, 06:54 AM
Condor060
My Feedback: (2)

Hey guys. They sent a proto to Don and he made asome additionalchanges. THe factory sent pictures of the requested changes to Don and I last week. The factory built one last proto for Don to sign off on with what we beleive to be all of Dons requirements.I have signed the shipping order and warehouse contract. I was told that they should arrive in 30-45 days. I will receive a production update about 2 weeks into the schedule.

If this was your usual ARF we would have had the aircraft 5 months ago. THe Flying machine only has one way to be built correctly. You have to realize thatDon has gone through 30 years of changes and upgrades to this airframe. All of his knowledge and efforts in the creation of this ARF has to be condensed into the ARF manufacturing process not to mention converted into another language. For the most part they have done a very good job on this project but like every manufacturing plant on this planet, they always build it their way first.

I have 300 coming out with 263 pre sold. As soon as the container ships I will put another 500 in production cuz everybody needs a backup. (I need 3) lol
Old 12-20-2011, 07:25 AM
JNorton

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Subscribed. I've been looking for a throw around plane to keep in my RV. I've also been following this thread and others like it for the last upteen years. Sounds like it will actually be produced this time.
John
Old 12-20-2011, 07:43 AM
bkg1956

Thanks Fred! We're with you!!
Old 12-20-2011, 10:26 AM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

It's been so long, I can't remember if my name is on that "pre sold" list!!

IF NOT.....put me in please!!!!!
Old 12-20-2011, 10:29 AM
Condor060

I can't put you in but you can go to www.IWantMyFM.com and register. If its a duplicate we will only ship what is paid for so don't worry about replication. We won't even ask you for payment or even a card number until the aircraft are sitting in the warehouse ready to ship.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:05 AM
RC MANIAC119

OH YEAH.....I registered, and also submitted a paint scheme!!!

I can't wait!!!
Old 01-08-2012, 08:42 PM
mrsand

just checking....ANYBODY GOT NEWS[8D]
Old 01-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Muddiman

It's still in progress. I have received a total of three proto-types and none of them meet my specifications. I could make them work but that's not the point of producing the ARF. There is a language gap that creates problems communicating what the corrections are and how they need to be corrected. After the last several rounds of emails sending images and instructions back and forth, I finally went out and took sent by step images of the correction process and finally got the correction idea across. I never thought it would be this tough, just hang in there as it will be completed to my specifications. The factory submits changes to me with what they think are a better idea for production and to help control cost issues. I understand this, but it would be disastrous for the Flying Machine ARF. The aircraft must fly and be constructed just as my demonstration aircraft. I want this as much as the rest of you just hang in there.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:52 PM
Dave McDonald
My Feedback: (19)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don, thanks for the progress report!

Don't let them talk you into settling for anything less than your proven design.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:42 AM
Condor060

I was just informed by the factory that they have completed Don’s check list and are sending over final photos tonight. Who knows what that means but I will have the final photos for Don’s approval later tonight.
I wanted to take a second and thank Don for all of his patience in this project. The poor guy has had to suffer two separate factories to make this a reality. I only had to suffer one and that was enough.
I get so frustrated when Don takes the time to provide these guys CAD files, pictures, and written documentation only to have the design changed over and over. The language barrier doesn’t help the situation either. You would think the provision of these documents would somewhat guarantee an early success but that is just not the case.
Ok, Enough of my whining. The up side is (according to the factory) the only issue to resolve was the wing bolt design and they have finally stop making their changes to Don’s instructions and built it as Don requires. With that said we should get a shipping date (after Don signs off on the pictures). Remember we have China New Year in here so you can count on 10 days of the country shutting down.
How do you shut down a country anyway?
I am most hopeful we have finally reached the point of completion but I don’t want to jinks it so I will give you guys and update as soon as I know Don has given the green light. It’s a good thing he is on this project as you would never receive the real Flying Machine without Don’s constant involvement and dedication to this ARF.
Thanks Bud.
Talk to you guys soon
Fred
Old 01-11-2012, 09:23 AM
JNorton

Well I just sent for the plans from Don. I'll build the plane over the winter. At least that's the plan for now.
John
Old 01-11-2012, 01:08 PM
RC MANIAC119

ORIGINAL: JNorton

Well I just sent for the plans from Don. I'll build the plane over the winter. At least that's the plan for now.
John

Hey John...if you need a place to maiden that beast.........Port City is open, just email me!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 03:02 AM
JNorton

Now that'd be fun. Extra incentive to get it built! I've never been out to Port City.
John
Old 01-12-2012, 04:54 AM
RC MANIAC119

Where in western Michigan do you fly?? What club, what guys???

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.