Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Perry Ga Swapmeet

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 08:25 AM
Loopman
My Feedback: (195)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Perry Ga Swapmeet

Hey Fellas,
This makes my 9th year! God willing and the creeks don't rise. We have 10 tables in the Miller-Murphy building. I will probably be bringing the following: a. Completely built but largely unfinished Olympic III sailplane, b. Electric 90 size Monocoupe basically RTF, c. Proctor Nieuport 28 RTF, d. Pacific Aeromodel Clipped Wing Monocoupe (NEW) and RTF with Smoke, e. Dave Platt giant scale Spitfire with Moki 1.8 RTF, FVK "Silent Dream" electric sailplane with Aveox F-10 motor and Castle Creations ESC RTF. Along with other odds and ends. Looking forward to seeing old friends and just looking at all the stuff!

Happy Flying!

Loopman
Old 01-20-2009, 09:14 PM
Warbirdguy

I will be offering delivery services too and from Perry Swap meet if you are in the Middle Tn area or along the I 24 / I 75 corridor from Nashville too Perry. You can contact me for pricing. It will be way cheaper than shipping. So make those deals and let me take care of the logistics.
Warbirdguy
Old 02-07-2009, 08:49 PM
kountry_breeze05

Does anyone know what the dates are for the perry ga swap meet seemsthat it would be a good learning experience and possibly find some good deals . Ive never been to an event such as this. might even find soom folks that flynear wherei live in cairo. if anybody has info i would appreciate it . thanks
Old 02-07-2009, 09:40 PM
GaGeeBees
My Feedback: (23)

The Perry swap is March 6 & 7. Here's a link to the GAMA website. You'll enjoy the event. http://www.gamarc.com/georgia.html
Old 02-15-2009, 08:01 AM
F.Ciccarello
My Feedback: (60)

WOW three weeks till Perry. Hope to see you guy,s there, I'll be rolling in there on Friday morning. Come by and say hello I'm in the Miller Murphy Howard bldg. tables W-77/78
Drive safe.........Frank
Old 02-18-2009, 08:09 AM
zx32tt
My Feedback: (9)

Anyone from the Charlotte NC area going?
zx32tt
Old 02-18-2009, 09:09 AM
sassy8
My Feedback: (61)

Won't be long now, last year was fairly productive, on both sides of the coin. Drop by the Heritage Building, Tables A 1-3, and say Hi. Plans are to be there early Friday morning and looking to sell all my glow stuff while there. Flying gas and electric now.

See ya there,

Jeff
Old 02-18-2009, 08:10 PM
sarg96
My Feedback: (39)

I am doing the same hauling all my Tahoe will hold and having to leave some back home but am in process of swithcing to all Electric.
Glow planes have to go. See you in Magill Bldg tables I-23&24
Frank I will look you up in Howard-Miller-Murphy bldg.

sarg96
Old 02-19-2009, 08:29 AM
F.Ciccarello

Yes sarg96 I'll be there Friday around 11 am............Frank
Old 02-24-2009, 06:53 AM
AV8RJIM
My Feedback: (16)

Frank, I look foward to seeing you and your wife. everything must go. No reasonable offer refused. I cant remember the name of the building but I know its the big building. I will post tonight with my location.

Please stop by everyone. it's all got to go.

thanks

Jim Urick
Old 02-24-2009, 06:58 AM
AV8RJIM
My Feedback: (16)

I just looked up my table information. I'm in the Mcgill building Tables k & L numbers 1 and 2.

Looking foward to seeing you all. PLease stop by. It all has to go. Bringing 10 planes and other misc. stuff. Make an offer.

any questions. please ask.

Jim Urick
Old 02-24-2009, 08:46 AM
F.Ciccarello

Hi Jim, I will look you up..........Frank C.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:13 PM
sarg96
My Feedback: (39)

OK guys and gals, time to start your engines and point that car,truck,van towards Perry
We will leave Greenwood, SC on the morning of 5 Mar Thursday arriving in Perry at approx
2:30 PM. Staying at Best Western 1/2 mile from the show. Hope to see all of you there.

sarg96
Old 03-11-2009, 02:00 AM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Another Perry Swap meet in the books.

This was a probably the best for me. I just got my brother hooked on RC and brought him with us. His reaction to the Cornucopia of vendors, hobbyists and all the deals was fun to watch. Our group sold out all our planes and stuff. The last to go was classic as we were packing to leave.

Had a "wish list" of items that got purchased and was able to bring cash home to boot. Disappointing that I didn't see a Byron Corsair kit for sale[&o]

Yes the Extreme flight fellas were great. Picked up a Hitec servo programmer and a Webra 50 from them at "Perry Deal" pricing[8D]

Can't Wait till next year.

Pete
Old 03-11-2009, 06:43 AM
sassy8
My Feedback: (61)

Pete,
I had a fairly good meet as well, good time anyway. There was a Byrons Corsair kit for sale there, it was with a bunch from Gadston, AL, right next to me in the Heritage Bldg. It was complete NIB (old) w/ retracts and the "Purr Power System". Think he wanted $1500 for all of it. I don't know the guy's name that had it for sale, but I do have the name and email of a guy that was with them, he would have his info. email me if you would like to have that.

PS-He carried it back home.

Jeff
Old 03-11-2009, 08:18 AM
Rocketman612

Jeff,
Thanks for the heads up. PM sent.

Pete
Old 03-11-2009, 09:51 AM
carlgrover

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I thought that the pricing this year was kind of wierd. Some things were way high and I found the exact same item elsewhere for next to nothing. Some lady selling old sig aluminum motor mounts for $6/set. I told her that I thought the price certainly went up on them. She said no, she had just checked it. Funny, Sig hasn't sold those mounts for years and when they did, I remember something around 2 bucks. I bought several pairs elsewhere for $.50/pack. geez.

Anyway, did anybody notice all of the props for sale? Looked like several hobby shops that went under were there to liquidate what was left. One guy left everything on the peg board hangers and chunked it all in a bunch of boxes.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:19 PM
Rocketman612

ORIGINAL: carlgrover

Anyway, did anybody notice all of the props for sale? Looked like several hobby shops that went under were there to liquidate what was left. One guy left everything on the peg board hangers and chunked it all in a bunch of boxes.

LOL,

I spent over 30 min rooting thru those boxes. Found every prop on my "to buy list" and at $1.5 a prop or less.

Pete
Old 03-15-2009, 10:11 PM
amiller

This was my first year going. It was a great meet. I bought alot of electronics and misc. things that I needed.

I also bought a fully set up stinger with g-62 and 2.4 reciever for a steal... I just spent all day going through it and making it safe to fly.. dont know how some people fly these things!!!!

Bought a ultra stic lite with g-26 minus rec.

bought a GL hobbies 50% Extra 330L 300CC This thing is a beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it will be alive at Joe Nall!!!

Rc hobbies had a great foamie combat plane set up ready for rec. Bought 2 of these.. they fly great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what did everyone else get??????????