Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

rc training schools

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 07:15 PM
bill100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rc training schools

i'm looking for the names and telephone numbers of RC training schools around the U.S. appreciate any suggestions viewers may have. or e-mail me at : [email protected]
Old 05-28-2003, 09:16 PM
SwampFlier-RCU

There aren't many, usually you get a hold of the club nearest to you, introduce yourself and will get more help than you'ld get dishing out dollar bills in a walmart store....
MOst clubs have instructors that will teach you for FREE.. yes in this hobby there is still a bit o' afree lunch
Old 05-28-2003, 09:31 PM
nedyob
My Feedback: (67)

Default RE: QUESTION ABOUT FLIGHT SCHOOLS

Hello Bill100,
You could try 1ST U.S. R/C FLIGHT SCHOOL in Swano Wisc. the instructors name is Dave Scott.
I have been to his flight training schools and left with great results. As a matter of fact Im going back soon for Intermediate Flight Training.
You can find him on the web , just type in www.1st U.S. R/C Flight School. net
good luck.
NEDYOB
Old 05-28-2003, 10:46 PM
nascarjoe

Bill100,
There is a flight school here in Olcott, NY. This instructor can teach tons more than you can believe. Also, whether you're interested or not, he will throw in a RC heli lesson for free.

You will takeoff and land on your first lesson and all types of aerobatics your first trip here and usually within the first or second day! Also, you will fly low wing aerobactic or scale planes such as a Fokker VII within a couple of days. Seeing is believing.

If you like, good or bad, you can post your experience here on RCU. BTW, the First US Flight School is already full for the season.

nascarjoe
Old 05-29-2003, 12:58 AM
bill100

nedbob, swampflier, and nascarjoe: txs for response. familiar with both suggestions. looking to find other RC training/flight schools in other parts of the country. appreciate your input. bill beardsley
Old 05-29-2003, 09:19 AM
nascarjoe

Bill100,

There are a couple of other schools in the US.
There is one in NC. Ph: 828-389-8968.

In California there is ww.Hobbiesaloft.com near Monterey, Ph: 888-700-4421

nascarjoe
Old 05-29-2003, 11:55 AM
bill100

nascarjoe: txs again. have the brasstown NC and monterey CA schools. still looking for others. appreciate your assistance. bill
Old 05-29-2003, 06:48 PM
nascarjoe

Originally posted by bill100
nascarjoe: txs again. have the brasstown NC and monterey CA schools. still looking for others. appreciate your assistance. bill
Found this list on a page on AMA's website: http://www.modelaircraft.org/templat...B784E8913B2190

nascarjoe
Old 05-29-2003, 08:50 PM
bill100

nascarjoe: txs so much for AMA listing. I had just spoken to AMA yesterday on another project, and had planned to contact them regarding a school listing, but your posting brightened my day. I'm working on a story about RC training schools, and locating all the options is perhaps the hardest part. appreciate all your effort. and if you turn up anything more, please drop me an e-mail at: [email protected]