Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

To much Chatter

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 02:19 PM
Kevlar
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default To much Chatter

I don't mean to be a rotten egg, and please don't respond to this post as it will create more of the 'chatter' we want to get rid of, but come on peeps, lets keep it real.

Having a background in computers, we seem to waste allot of disk space with 'funny' comments or what have you, and I know we sometimes need that. As a matter of fact, I'm wasting space just posting this!

I know we need to relax and release, but what's the point? RCU has limited resources and the last thing we need is to create tons of messages that don't make sense. Know what I mean?

If you feel compelled to respond, please reply to [email protected]. Just my 2 cents. Don't mean to offend.

"Straighten up and fly right"
Old 06-01-2003, 02:32 PM
Widgeo
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To much Chatter

A way to save space is to use periods instead of commas and always use lower case letters!!
Old 06-01-2003, 03:43 PM
mvigod
Banned

Default To much Chatter

Thank you for the concern. I however have in place the resources to handle the extra 5% to 10% comments which are probably not necessary. If it is annoying to the members then you guys can certainly try to cut back a bit but on the resource side I have it covered.
Old 06-01-2003, 06:47 PM
TomM

Default People aren't one-dimensional

My feeling is that if there's no room for chatter, no funny comments, no tangent stories, ect, then why don't we just collect all the info and resources from RCU, post them on one big FAQ and then we could eliminate all interaction between members. The standard answer to every question could be "Read the web page".

Some of the best threads are ones that stray off topic, just like a conversation does in real life. I think of internet forums as a bar, or clubhouse, where like-minded people gather and have topics that stray and move about, *with jokes thrown in* but always come back to the root interest.

If your neighbor is a mechanic or doctor, do you ONLY talk to him about problems with your car or colon? Maybe some people do... but I think I've got to know a lot pf people I never met here through their funny comments.
Old 06-01-2003, 11:19 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Default To much Chatter

Why is this even your concern. I am sure if it was problem, RCADMIN would take care of it
Old 06-01-2003, 11:25 PM
Kevlar

Default Cool

OK, I stand corrected and my concern has been addressed. But please relax, I was just making a comment and asking a question.
Old 06-02-2003, 03:52 AM
WADE
My Feedback: (19)

Default To much Chatter

I agree with Tom. This site is an interactive environment. I think it makes for a better experience to cut up once in a while. As long as it doesn't get too far-fetched. The moderators will usually intervene if it does.

Wade
Old 06-02-2003, 12:08 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

Default To much Chatter

I often times get quite a chuckle from some of the off beat comments made here besides isn't this hobby suppose to be fun.
Old 06-03-2003, 11:19 AM
Hanger Rat

Default To much Chatter

Kevlar,
Your original post showed a Rams' head and the word Fukitzuken above it. You have since changed that to read Damage Inc. What was that all about ? What does the word "Fukitzuken" mean? My original thought when I read your post was that you were only playing with half a deck. I have since revised that thought and now believe that you are playing without any deck at all. You have serious problems and I doubt the wisdom of you being allowed play with dangerous missiles like RC planes. I will be very surprised if I am the only person with this view. You need professional help. Get it before it is too late.
Old 06-03-2003, 11:52 AM
Kevlar

Default Calm Down

Originally posted by Hanger Rat
Kevlar,
Your original post showed a Rams' head and the word Fukitzuken above it. You have since changed that to read Damage Inc. What was that all about ? What does the word "Fukitzuken" mean? My original thought when I read your post was that you were only playing with half a deck. I have since revised that thought and now believe that you are playing without any deck at all. You have serious problems and I doubt the wisdom of you being allowed play with dangerous missiles like RC planes. I will be very surprised if I am the only person with this view. You need professional help. Get it before it is too late.
I see you have nothing better to do then character bash. I feel sorry for you and as a Matter of FACT, my card deck includes a Masters in Computer Science and a Dual Major in Marketing and Management.

As for 'Fukitznuken', this is an old windsurfing term for (clean version) 'Damn its windy' and I removed it so it wouldn’t offend some of you. Damage Inc. is from the band Metallica.

And as for the original post, I guess I have to watch what I say around here. Some people are WAY to touchy. I was just reiterating a previous request made by a Forum Moderator.

SO CHILL!!
Old 06-03-2003, 12:16 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

Default To much Chatter

Geez Hangar Rat, I'll admit I didn't agree with Kevlar's original post but you didn't have rip into his persona the way you did. Kevlar has had some very good input and points in the past, your rebuttal makes me wonder about you.
Old 06-03-2003, 02:11 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default To much Chatter

It never ceases to amaze me that some people on here feel they can just rip the hell out of someone if they don't agree with what the person posting has to say.

Geez Hangar Rat, you could have asked the same question without being a total *****. Would you like someone to just blast you that way? I don't think so.
Old 06-03-2003, 02:15 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

Default To much Chatter

Seeing as the point of the thread has been made and it's now headed down the tubes, I'm closing it.