Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Converting a Parkzone Typhoon 3D

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Converting a Parkzone Typhoon 3D

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 06:36 AM
G-BSCA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Converting a Parkzone Typhoon 3D

Hi All

I'm fairly new to the RC aircraft world (About 3 years, and even newer into the 4CH world) and have owned a Parkzone Typhoon 3D for about 2 years now - Which is excellent fun! However I'm looking for something a bit more "realistic" looking - and not made of foam!

I wondered if anyone had any recommendations on something that is compatible with the kit out of the typhoon or if anyone has stripped the kit from one or similar and put it into something else?

As I said I'm fairly new to the RC world so if this post is utter nonsense and the equivalent to Geographers of announcing that the world is actually flat then break it to me gently!

Thanks
Stefan

As a quick aside I regularly fly Sailplanes/Gliders and have a European license to pilot them - Anyone that has basic experience of flight and is seeking a RTF "first 4CH" that can climb like a rocket that is almost fully aerobatic then I'd definitely 100% vote for the Typhoon! In about 50 hours of flying it its only had one minor accident when I took my eye of the ball for half a second - Only resulted in a bent undercarriage!

Old 12-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Converting a Parkzone Typhoon 3D

Welcome to RC Universe! The Typoon is a blast! I have 5 friends with them, and we do combat with them. They are so easy to fix, we intentionally try to take each other out of the sky. I've got 15 'take downs' to my credit.

If you want something with a bit more speed, then take out that running gear and get a [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHCN9&P=FR]GWS Formosa.[/link] I've got over 500 flights on mine (first airframe wore out after 400 flights, 100 on my new airframe). She's fast, loves the wind, and belly lands very easy. Mine has a brushless inrunner and gearbox, but that outrunner the Typoon comes with would really wake the Formosa up! She's fun on floats, too!

EDIT: Just noticed the 'not foam' part of your post. The running gear the Typhoon comes with pretty well limits the gear to another foamy.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92610.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	1098763  
Old 01-12-2009, 12:22 AM
lejongleur
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Converting a Parkzone Typhoon 3D

Hi - Does anyone know if I can fit SFG's to a Typhoon 3D (not a 3D2)?

I really enjoy my Typhoon and would like to increase the foolishness with some attempted knife-edge nonsense!

Any help appreciated...thanks!...Chris