Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Is Lanier all gone?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 04:12 PM
SunnyFlyer09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Lanier all gone?

Might be old news but I can't find Laniers website. Don't tell me another 1960's company just went out of business....
Old 01-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Is Lanier all gone?

ORIGINAL: SunnyFlyer09

Might be old news but I can't find Laniers website. Don't tell me another 1960's company just went out of business....
Urbana, Illinois, August 24, 2007 � Great Planes Model Manufacturing announced today that it has acquired the Lanier R/C and Carl Goldberg product lines. Both companies are currently located in Oakwood, GA but will soon relocate to Great Planes' headquarters in Champaign-Urbana, IL.

Carl Goldberg Models Inc. was founded over 50 years ago by hobby pioneer and legend, Carl Goldberg. The company is a cornerstone of the R/C airplane market and has enjoyed a legacy of well-known and respected products. The Goldberg product line was purchased five years ago by Bubba Spivey. Since that time, many of Goldberg's famous R/C kits were converted to almost-ready-to-fly models, gaining new success in the R/C market.

Lanier R/C was founded in 1964 by Len Purdy and was known as one of the first companies to offer almost ready-to-fly (ARF) R/C airplanes. In 1979, Lanier was acquired by the Spivey family.

Old 01-02-2009, 04:18 PM
frieshoo
My Feedback: (20)

Here's the article noted by Red.

http://www.greatplanes.com/goldberg-lanierrc.html
Old 01-02-2009, 04:20 PM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: SunnyFlyer09

Was there something specific you wanted? You can post a "Wanted" ad here on RCU.

Good luck,
Dave Olson