Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

$32,000 Sold UPS Uniforms on Ebay - Watch Out ?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

$32,000 Sold UPS Uniforms on Ebay - Watch Out ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 04:28 AM
PITTSMANIAC
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $32,000 Sold UPS Uniforms on Ebay - Watch Out ?

Has anyone else heard or received this alert message? My wife today at work received the following :

Government reguarding purchase of UPS uniforms: BE ALERT!!!!

There has been a huge purchase, $32,000 worth of United Parcel Service (UPS) uniforms on eBay over the last 30 days. This could represent a serious threat as bogus drivers when a UPS driver appears at your door, they should be able to furnish VALID I.D.. Additionally, if someone in a UPS uniform comes to make a drop off or pick up, make absolutely sure they are driving an UPS truck. UPS doesn't make deliveries or pickups in anything except a company vehicle. If you have a problem, IMMEDIATELY call your local law enforcement agency right away! TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY! Tell everyone in your office, family, friends, etc. Make people aware so that we can prepare and/ or avoid terrorist attacks on our people! Thank you for your time in reviewing this and PLEASE send to EVERYONE on your list, even if they are friend or foe. We should all be aware!
Old 06-05-2003, 04:30 AM
Widgeo
My Feedback: (6)

I heard about this a few weeks ago and heard that it was a hoax.
Old 06-05-2003, 05:41 AM
quiniou

Have a look at

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/ups.asp

Patrick
Old 06-05-2003, 05:51 AM
Lynx

Of course it's a hoax. You heard about it in e-mail before it was on the news.... Chain letters are evil, do the world a favor and stop that one =>
Old 06-05-2003, 06:06 AM
wiredinoc
My Feedback: (3)

Default hahah

Oh man, that's ripe. I did that once, luckily I only sent it to one person, not the entire RC community

Hey moderator's, you keep a message like this active, but you insist on killing posts about model rocket engines? Please be more consistent.

Wiredinoc.
Old 06-05-2003, 06:15 AM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

More consistent? C'mon now, it was open for all of 100 minutes. Believe it or not, but I'm not always here.

Be very skeptical about any "news" that arrives via e-mail, as Lynx says. I've seen more than my fair share of co-workers, relatives, and well-meaning aquiantances hurridly pass on hoaxs such as this in efforts to make people aware. It only takes a few moments to verify a story.