Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Club hobbies.com any dealings??

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Club hobbies.com any dealings??

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 10:13 PM
coindex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Club hobbies.com any dealings??

I'm trying to research if anyone has dealt with Clubhobbies.com
They say they have 20 items in stock of the ec-2 control unit I need but don't know if they are a good company to go through
Any comments on this store??
Old 02-07-2009, 08:54 PM
rv8pilot
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Club hobbies.com any dealings??

I didn't see any responses to your query on Club Hobbies. I am considering ordering from them myself and would appreciate any info you may have acquired since your post.

Thanks,

Andy
Old 02-08-2009, 10:38 PM
mike early

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The prices are horrible.

Maybe that 200 dollar membership makes the prices better?
Old 02-09-2009, 12:01 AM
rv8pilot
My Feedback: (5)

Mike, disregarding the prices for now, do you have any sense of their business ethics? For example, are they claiming items as "in stock" taking orders and payment and then not delivering? They claim to have numerous rolls of a covering material I need that I know has been discontinued by the manufacturer, and I'm a little nervous about ordering from them.

Anybody else out there with first hand experience, good or bad, with these guys?

Andy
Old 02-09-2009, 10:53 PM
coindex

I haven't had any luck finding any information regarding this site so my gut says stay away. I have taken my business right to the manufactures of OS engines in the US and been having good dealings with them so far. Regarding this club hobby site hmmmm....
Old 02-10-2009, 02:14 PM
mike early

One should not pay a new upstart company 200 dollars to get preferred prices. What if they go belly up next month?

We are begging you to find another outlet.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:41 AM
triumphman49
My Feedback: (149)

Recently purchased a Clubhobbies platinum membership thru rcu. This was won by raffel at recent AMA show, touting 10% over cost purchasing. Figured could save cost of membership on planned purchase of saito FG20 & plug. Did visit & logged in b4 purchasing, & received nice welcoming email from "President Aaron". When my info finally arrived, contacted site again to attempt purchase. truns out the "membership" I bought was a 1/2 off coupon...cart showed street price for motor & plug + another $100 to complete membership......well did send email thru their "contact us" page...got no response,,,,,called the ph# referenced on site & got personal voicemail for "Nick".....replied to the welcoming email from Aaron.....! Its ben well over a week now I've been attempting to find out what's going on. did email seller on RCU asking for refund of purchase price, but in reality, guess I'll just leave bad feedback & swallow real hard. Do have a snail-mail letter ready to send, but not expecting much. So there you have it!
Old 02-18-2009, 11:38 PM
triumphman49

Hi all, being as had $$ already invested, did persue contact....found another ph# for Viper Hobbies thru yellowpages.com & did make contact with "Nick" who at first sd was only a pick up point for local customers of club hobbies.....NOT LOCAL Nick did ask of my problems & eventually sd wd call me back....Well that didn't happen, but did get another email from Aaron who indicated wd set my account to reflect membership. have placed order & saved "MY cost of membership" (thankfully no where near full membership cost). will advise results when Saito (& cc statement) arrives.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:09 AM
mike early

I still beg folks to steer clear.

That said, just what kind of prices are you getting, sir?
Old 02-19-2009, 11:30 PM
triumphman49

Hi Mike, did get a chuckle from your querie(somehow that doesn"t sound rite...or look rite). You know curiosity did kill the cat.... Let's see, chief has the saito fg20 & plug for some $560 shipped & with hi shipping chgs of $11.20 & a $5 membership "transaction fee" I was billed $507. did buy membership here on RCU ($55), so I figure at this time it has been a break even transaction. Everybodys' wants & desires are different - I didn't see much else that really interest me at this time on the site. I'd say a body would have to spend over $2000 b4 seeing any real savings from the site using the membership. Did find it a little hard to do business, but were some special circumstances involved. Once actual contact made. things smoothed out. will let you know how quick shipment was
Old 03-13-2009, 01:53 PM
bialone

Michael,
I'm the guy you bought the membership from on RCU for $55 and sent you an email today apologizing for not responding earlier. I placed your email in a different inbox folder and basically lost it / misread it. Sorry. I wish you would have sent me a follow-up email or snail-mail. In my email to you today I mentioned that I was going to check out RCU forum to see if anyone posted anything about ClubHobbies and here you are.

I am happy that you got your problem resolved and that you finally have the full membership privileges that you were supposed to get per the posting. It cost you some time and money to resolve the problem but you managed to get what is now a $200 membership for $55 and some change (time, effort, phone calls). So I guess the matter is resolved according to your posting.

It seems that there is a problem with their (ClubHobbies) customer service but I've had the same experience with Great Planes over a warp tail on an ARF. Instead of taking their offer to buy a replacement ARF at 1/2 of the LIST PRICE instead of the STREET PRICE (big difference) I opted to just forget about the entire thing but did write a nasty-gram. People at my club were surprised at GPs offer. However you stuck with it and got what you wanted!

In any case I hope you and others share your experiences about ClubHobbies, especially those with platinum memberships. Our club handed out approximately 50 of these memberships at the AMA Conventions in January 2009. Although I cannot officially speak for our club I hope that those of you who won and tried to redeem your raffle prize memberships do not have the same problems, and can enjoy them at some point in time. If you do have problems then maybe Michael can assist you with the name(s) and phone number(s) of who to contact.

Ed

Old 03-13-2009, 07:38 PM
triumphman49

Hi all & also to you Ed, did indicate that I would post again to advise of completed transaction. All did go well, although it seemed shipping was a little slow (I am on the other side of the continent). Have'nt had a chance to fire up the Saito yet, a combination of long work hours & bad weather, but all looks great. By the way, the FG-20 does come with a plug (my info that it didn't, was erroneous) - What an ity bity spark plug it is!!!!
Old 03-14-2009, 01:59 PM
W6RTW

Hi,
I also ordered from Club Hobbies and with a Platinum Membership. I ordered a Futaba Transmit module, receiver and crystals for Ham Band Channel 01 as I am a Ham Radio Operator. After an apology for a delayed shipment, I got a Ham Band receiver, Ham Band crystals and a 72 MHz Channel 41 transmit module - paying LIST PRICE but getting my Platinum Membership free (which I already had!!!). I have been trying to contact them via email and telephone for the last two months with NO RESPONSE. I just want to exchange the transmit module for what I had ordered. I have now given up. LET THE BUYER BEWARE! I am done with them.
Bob - W6RTW
Old 03-14-2009, 06:30 PM
mike early

I just don't understand why evil exists in this world the way it does.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:15 AM
bialone

Follow up to initial posting.

Several days after posting my reply I got a call from ClubHobbies. They said that they corrected the problems with Michael, and as a courtesy they initiated my Platinum Membership making it available to me. I didn't have to do it online. They also apologized for any problems.

My response from them looks like it was quicker than what was mentioned here in RCU. I haven't checked out the prices or ordered anything yet. But if you guys are like me I shop around and find the best deal and go for it. My local Hobby Town has some great deals from time to time. A few months ago they had a 25% off street price sale on a Saito 2.20 4 stroke. Whoever purchased it got a deal. I got a G62 NIB with the same deal and saved even more with some discount store coupons that I had earned from previous purchases.

Anyway I have to give ClubHobbies a better score on the Customer Service now as far as my experience is concerned. For the rest of you guys 'happy shopping'.

Ed
Old 03-20-2009, 12:04 PM
mike early

you should tell us how good that platinum stuff really is.

check out some prices with it and let us know.