Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Vehicle Use Tax

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 05:24 PM
volracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vehicle Use Tax

I just heard on CNN of a proposal to put devices in cars that log the mileage driven etc. for taxation purposes. I enjoy getting out and going to the LHS and going to my flying club, but I do not enjoy paying money to the goverment.[&o]

My question to the forum members will this curtail trips to the LHS and flying field? Will you dispose of large planes for parkflyers?
Old 02-20-2009, 05:57 PM
Mode One

Default RE: Vehicle Use Tax

Is the sky falling, again?
Old 02-20-2009, 05:58 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

Why not worry about that when it becomes something other than an unrealistic idea that the nutjobs like to drag out every few years?
Old 02-20-2009, 07:14 PM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

right now my major concern is how windy this weekend will be
Old 02-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The milage thing was nixed.

Unfortunately California just decided to raise the vehicle registration fees by 77%. So now it will cost me almost $400.00 a year to register a 1998 pick up.. About $500.00 a year for a 2007 van, and $300.00 a year for my 18' toy hauler.

Worse is that CA has some mighty pooly cared for roads and highways but we have a whole bunch of CalTrans people on the payroll.........
Old 02-20-2009, 08:33 PM
volracer

This was not a California, nor an Oregon thing. It is a product of the the FEDERAL government that just passed socialized medicine (cost controls) and regulation of carbon dioxide (pardon my breathing). I guess everyone will ignore this as the government regulates methane from livestock and nationalize the financial industry. Remember the economic revory was to include brith control in order lessen the drain on the economy.

Snorting balsa, drinkin CA.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:48 PM
MikeL

Show me a bill that includes this and has a chance of passing. Why spread the FUD?
Old 02-20-2009, 08:52 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The milage thing was axed by the Pres.....but I was just wondering what will they charge us for road use if we all drive electric cars? Where's the tax? On our cars currently we are paying a fuel tax.....but electrons????

Our luck they will come and take away all our chargers and batteries and force us to fly Giant Scale birds with gas engines
Old 02-22-2009, 02:33 PM
sierracharlie
My Feedback: (21)

I will not change my flying habits at all. Im an over the road tuck driver-owner operator they have been talking about this for several years and it is making some progress. What ever the tax Im sure as a commercial driver mine will be 10 times more the the average citizen. (they think we are banks) whaterever, hope you like the sound of 10 dollar gallons of milk because I will pass this added cost directly to the consumer as I currently do tolls. So I will get off my soap box and end with this, you have the power to say no to more taxex and NO TO MORE TOLL ROADS ....Just vote!
Old 02-22-2009, 03:06 PM
Taildragger
My Feedback: (204)

This administration just showed everyone how they intend to push all this stuff through. They are gonna do it so fast no one even has time to read the bills and see what's there. Complacent people that sit back and call everyone else alarmist and do nothing because it doesn't affect them directly will be our downfall.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:21 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Don't you just love CHANGE YOU CAN BELIEVE IN?

Federal registration and tracking of all firearms. HR 45
Prohibit private ownership of firearms for people over 60 years of age.
Require registration and 5ΒΆ tax per round on all ammunition.
Federal Tracking of medical records to determine if doctors recommended proceedures are cost effective. At what age is cancer treatment etc. a waste of taxpayers money?

These are all being considerd by members of your present administration.
CHANGE YOU CAN BELIEVE IN

Old 02-22-2009, 03:29 PM
MikeL

ORIGINAL: Taildragger

This administration just showed everyone how they intend to push all this stuff through. They are gonna do it so fast no one even has time to read the bills and see what's there. Complacent people that sit back and call everyone else alarmist and do nothing because it doesn't affect them directly will be our downfall.
Ah, the joys of introducing politics to RCU... there's a reason why it isn't allowed.

Did the administration support this method of taxation, or say that it didn't support it? Cite a source for your answer, please. I dislike opinion when it is treated as a substitute for fact.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:45 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

RCU does not allow politics to be discussed here on RCU. I've had to step in remove several posts that were very political in nature. Unfortunately I don't see any way that this topic can be discussed with out talking about the politics involved. Therefore I'm closing this thread.

Ken