Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Fueling a YS Engine

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2002, 01:07 AM
duster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fueling a YS Engine

Looking for some suggestions on how to fuel a YS 120 in cowl. I really like using the Du-Bro fueling valves, but I've never dealt with a YS engine before. Do I use a 3 line tank, or do I put a tee in the line with the check valve or ? I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks
Paul
Old 03-25-2002, 01:25 AM
Divesplat
My Feedback: (7)

H Duster.

The YS 4 strokes are all pumped so you don't need to use a 3rd line, although you can if you wish. The check valve goes on the pressure line so no fuel should run through it, but you do need a place for the air to go when fueling. A T between the tank and the check valve, going to a fuel dot or other closable fueler is good. When fueling you open this line to let the air out. The T in the fuel line should be between the tank and filter and must be closable also with either fueler valve or fuel dot. The system must be closable as pressure is developed in the tank by the engine.

Ed
Old 03-25-2002, 09:56 AM
warhwk
My Feedback: (3)

Default YS Fueling

I used two "T's" and two fuel dots. You just have to remember to burp the YS vent line so fuel doesn't squirt out when you pull the fuel line. With the higher fuel tank pressure, I wouldnt use any type of a fueling valve.
Old 03-26-2002, 08:39 PM
duster

Thanks for the input.