Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Nervous RC pilot

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 09:43 PM
grinder-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nervous RC pilot

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I think we all can relate. Usually my knees shake for the first while on a maiden of a new plane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltkvp...ture=quicklist

Grinder.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:13 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Nervous RC pilot

Dang I feel that way somtimes the first minute or so of a maiden flight, or if theres a big crowd, but man I hope I am not visually shaking that bad ! I bet he loves the hobby to keep doing it while that nervous !
Old 04-26-2009, 11:24 PM
WestCoastFlyer

This person probably has a neurological disease such as Parkinson's and is shaking off the frustration. I highly doubt this has anything to do with being nervous.

When your knees are weak people don't notice until you faint and fall to the ground. The way some guys fly there should be people crumpling to the ground all over the place.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:33 PM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know when i was younger and started maidening my own planes, my thumbs would shake, and id get serious cotton mouth. That hasnt happened to me in a while, the last time it happened was when i was flying at a large airshow
Old 04-26-2009, 11:56 PM
redfox435cat

I know I feel that way the first flight of my kit models, all the time and money put into for a possible 10 seconds of fame, usually an arf or someones trainer I just go for it.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:57 AM
grinder-RCU

ORIGINAL: redfox435cat

I know I feel that way the first flight of my kit models, all the time and money put into for a possible 10 seconds of fame, usually an arf or someones trainer I just go for it.
[8D] I second that. Besides what's the worst that can happen . You can only do so many preflights and cg checks. Quit staring at it and throttle up and see what happens.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:24 AM
BillyGoat

ORIGINAL: WestCoastFlyer

This person probably has a neurological disease such as Parkinson's and is shaking off the frustration. I highly doubt this has anything to do with being nervous.
I disagree as I've been there. First time flying in front of a large crowd my hand shook so bad the first minute or two of the flight, still don't know how I didn't crash. (thank goodness for expo)

Second reason I disagree... I heard a jet.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

I have only started getting rid of the "shaking thumb/hand" problem during high speed public flying in the last year or so. I used to get it real bad when flying in front of any kind of crowd- but never when flying alone. Worst ever was flying a seamaster off a boat during a good size raft up party. Since then, I've started using a thumb and forefinger on the right stick, smoothing out the control inputs, and flying a PZ T-28 on a regular bases at a ball park where there are plenty of spectators. I guess it's kind like public speaking- don't avoid it to get better, practice!
Old 04-30-2009, 11:04 PM
warbird addict

LOL that is bad it had me chuckelin been there done that, dude you need a distraction to take your mind off the jitters I've heard that actors will somtimes rip out some nose hairs to get over the jitters try that LOL LOL LOL
Old 05-01-2009, 09:36 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

I found a cure. I carry out a chair and sit when I fly