Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

CMP Messerschmitt Bf 109F (HAHN) 120 - 73" Nitro

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Butch Cassity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CMP Messerschmitt Bf 109F (HAHN) 120 - 73" Nitro

Does anyone have one of these arf kits I would like to get one but have some questions about it
Old 08-25-2009, 11:45 AM
wowie

Default RE: CMP Messerschmitt Bf 109F (HAHN) 120 - 73

Hi Butch Cassity,
I just bought the Nitro Planes BF109f and it arived yesterday. Upon opening the box and doing a preliminary inspection, I found one of the servo installation covers missing. Actually they shipped four of the left wing servo covers and two of the right wing servo covers. So whoever packaged these covers made a mistake. I just hope Nitro Planes will correct the problem because these servo covers are used to mount and install each servo and without them you can't mount the servos. You see, the servo is mounted to the cover and then the cover is screwed to the location on the bottom of the wing. So far just looking at the plane I have to say it looks awesome. The attentiopn to detail in incredible. The ailreons, flaps, and airbrakes are really well done and the leading edges of these parts sit inside the trailing edges of the wing. The leading edges of each control surface is rounded and they sit inside a matched rounded trailing edge making for a very clean and aerodynamic setup. The hinges are the robart type and theres one special one for each of the control surfaces. There's one hindge for each control surface that has the horn molded in as part of the hinge making for a real easy installation. I can't yet tell you how it flies but give me some time and I'll be posting the results here. I think I'll start a build thread on this plane because I haven't seen one by anyone else. Anyway,,I'm going to start building as soon as I get the servo cover issue straightened out with Nitro Planes.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:38 PM
RAMFlyer
My Feedback: (65)

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_78..._1/key_/tm.htm

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4845605/tm.htm

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...&highlight=109

Go with the building thread as every one turns up something new that those of us following along learn from...
Old 08-26-2009, 02:35 PM
RAMFlyer

Looking at the assembly manual on my 109 you actually use three of the rights on the right wing and one on the left wing, along with the two left covers. See the drawing in assembly step 4 (Main Wing), page 3. Guess they did it that way so the flap servos are turning the same way without having to reverse one.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:11 PM
wowie

Do you think that they intended to mount the servos in a way that when hooked up using a Y connector both servos would move in the same direction? That's the only thing that would make sense to me. Because when hooking up the servos using a Y connector you'd have to use a Y connector with a servo reverser built in. That way both servos would operate in the same direction using only one channel of the receiver. I didn't think of that right away and when I thought about it for a little while it started to make sense.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:26 AM
RAMFlyer

Yeah, I think they intended that a Y harness be used. Works for me as I hate using reversersthey don't seem to hold their settings very well...
Old 08-27-2009, 04:58 PM
wowie

I use a Y harness with the servo reverser built in on the Ion that I bought from www.Soaringusa.com. It's a full house hotliner and when I installed the flap servos I installed them as a mirror image and didn't think of installing them opposite each other. So when I was setting up the flaps on my Tx, one would go up and the other would go down. Not really what you want, ya know. So the only option besides ripping out one of the servos was to buy a Y splitter with a servo reverser built in. It solved the problem but added one more component to a pretty tightly packed fuselage. And getting it all stuffed in the fuselage took some carefull doing. I bought two different brands of Y harness with servo reverse in case one was better than the other. One I got from Horizon Hobby and it's made by "Expert Electronics" and I think the other was from GWS (Grand Wing Servo). There's a few companys out there that make them and I don't know if ones better than the other because I've never had a problem with the one I'm using. I'm using the one made by "Expert Electronics", it's the one I got from Horizon Hobby. They sell for like 7 or 8 bucks and to me thery are well worth it because the alternative was to take a chance on removing one of the servos and possibley doing some damage to the inside of the thin wings. So it was a pretty inexspensive fix to a very real problem in fact I didn't even know that they made a Y harness with a servo reverser until I ran into the issue with the flaps. So far I haven't had any problems with the servos going out of calibration due to the Y harness with servo reverser built in. I'll keep an eye open for it more closely thou just in case.
Old 04-10-2015, 06:19 PM
Jaimereyes
My Feedback: (5)

Hi, does anyone know were the CG is in this plane.
Sorry I am building one but has not manual
Tanks