Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Am I doing sommething wrong?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Am I doing sommething wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 11:10 AM
build light

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Am I doing sommething wrong?

I placed an offer on the RCU market for the full price asked including the shipping on May 28 and now it is Jun 5 and the offer is still pending? The seller ( I use the term loosely for now) Has logged on at least three times since I placed the offer and has not made contact of any kind so far.

He has a pretty good seller rating but should I do anything else besides wait? I feel I have been patient till now but at this point feel I must share this oddity. All other transactions I have had here on RCU have been quick and easy.

Frustrated and maybe too impatient.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:22 AM
carrellh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Am I doing sommething wrong?

You probably have two choices:
Wait
Send the seller a private message or email asking for a response
Old 06-05-2009, 11:31 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

There is a third option - Withdraw offer. If the seller is not responsive before the sale, chances are they will only be slower after receiving your money.

Reviewing the offer history on the ad in question, there is quite a mix of offers for various items listed in the ad either separately or along with another item. The seller may be waiting to see if he receives an offer for all of the items so he only needs to prepare one package.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:06 PM
*JCB*
My Feedback: (9)

in my experience selling stuff on RCU, I don't always get an alert when i receive an offer. It may be that the person just hasn't checked up on his/her add...i'd be patient. I sold a plane on here once and didn't respond to an offer for almost a week as i hadn't checked my ad nor had i received an alert. If you really want, send the person a PM
Old 06-05-2009, 02:15 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

There is a problem right now with all ISP's operated by AT&T (sbcglobal, pacbell, bellsouth, etc) in which AT&T is blocking emails from RCUniverse as spam. We have submitted their forms to get this corrected, but they are taking their time in correcting the problem.

The seller in question email is not one of those affected however.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:43 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I also just had a member post a kit for sale. I sent him an offer for his asking price and 2 hours later he went back into his ad and raised his price. I sent him a PM asking him whats up and I got no response from him. He did however reject mine and another offer and as we speak the kit is still for sale. He now wants more for it than Tower sells it for. Sometimes frustration works in our favor and we do not get burned by these dummies that think the rest of the world is stupid. I only wish there was a way for me to rate this Bozo. Just move on, it is more than likley your best option. Good Luck, Dave
Old 06-05-2009, 04:04 PM
build light

Wow! He raised the price after your offer then rejected it? I hope that does not happen to me. Someone else posted a question and expessed interest regarding the item I made offer on, but after I made my offer.

I can understand if I had made an offer lower than the asking price but as I stated in my first post, I offered the asking price and also agreed with the cost of shipping as well. Of course I expected then as I do now that my offer will be accepted. I think I would feel wronged it this seller were to up the price of the item. If he wanted to aution it he should have. Instead he chose to set a price. A price to which I agreed. [&o] At the time I post this the price has not changed and I sent a PM to the seller alerting him to my offer. According to his past history he looged on within the past couple of hours ago as most recent.

Robert
Old 06-05-2009, 04:27 PM
outdoorhunting

This might be a red flag type warning. When I've had that happen to me, I run the other way. There is always more planes out there !!!
Old 06-05-2009, 06:09 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

ORIGINAL: DavidAgar

I also just had a member post a kit for sale. I sent him an offer for his asking price and 2 hours later he went back into his ad and raised his price. I sent him a PM asking him whats up and I got no response from him. He did however reject mine and another offer and as we speak the kit is still for sale. He now wants more for it than Tower sells it for. Sometimes frustration works in our favor and we do not get burned by these dummies that think the rest of the world is stupid. I only wish there was a way for me to rate this Bozo. Just move on, it is more than likley your best option. Good Luck, Dave
Dave,
Be sure to send the seller a note reminding him that price bumps are not permitted. You can refer him to the Classified Listing Rules: http://www.rcuniverse.com/help/Classified_Listing.htm

No Price Raises. In an effort to provide users the "leap ahead" functionality found in forum systems, our system will bump your ad to the top of the list it's in anytime you discount your price by 10% or more. This functionality, however, leads some users to artificially raise and lower their prices simply to get the "bump". To eliminate this issue, we do not permit you to raise the price of a classified item once you post it.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:14 PM
tiger90

If you have any doubt about your deal, pass on it !
Old 06-05-2009, 09:49 PM
build light

ORIGINAL: tiger90

If you have any doubt about your deal, pass on it !
Umm, not sure what you are trying to say. at this point there has only been an ad on the sellers part and an offer accepting the asking price on my part. Since there has been no direct communication between him and I, no deal has been made.
Are you suggesting I withdraw my offer now? I see the offer as a commitment to buy and any other action on my part would leave me as being the one who is not trustworthy.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:11 PM
build light

OK now I am confused a little.
The page for the item has changed and the two messages that were there before are gone.
Also, two of the engines that were listed are now marked sold including the one I made offer on. I checked 'My offers' and it still says my offer is pending.
What is what here?

Robert
Old 06-15-2009, 11:46 AM
build light

Just so that this story has an ending, the seller did contact me to let me know that the engine had been sold.
As far as I am concerned I was the first to reply but RCU states clearly that the seller can choose whomever to sell to or not.

I have no ill will at all for this but it was kind of frustrating for the wait.
There will be other engines!

Robert
Old 06-15-2009, 01:37 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I had something similar.  I made the offer the seller had posted for his kit.  Five weeks later, I had no answer, so I withdrew the offer.  Let's face it, while you may consider an offer as a committment to buy, the seller has to also honor their part and either accept or reject the offer.  If they don't accept or reject in a reasonable time (I think 5 weeks is reasonable), then I no longer feel that I owe the seller anything.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:39 PM
Free Bird

I've got a bad experience on going right now. An  RCU seller had a pattern ship and was looking for a warbird trade. We came to terms and  I sent a NIB KMP Sea Fury which was received by the seller on 5/29. To date, the seller has not contacted me after I have sent him several PMs.

What recourse do I have in this situation? So far I'm out a NIB warbird and the cost of shipping and nothing to show for it.

FB