Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

A quik learner--interesting story.

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

A quik learner--interesting story.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2003, 04:57 AM
Dago Red
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A quik learner--interesting story.

----------------- Friday--------------------

I meet a freind and his son at the field last friday, his son had just got the trainor, never flown it and wanted to fly SO FREAKIN BAD, so i agreed to meet with them.

His dad had also bought the G2 flight sim, his son had a few hours on it.

I took him up, ready for the plane to be all over the sky, but much to my suprise, he flew GREAT. He was doing loops, rolls, emblem turns, ect. AND IT LOOKED GREAT, he had never flown in his life, video games??????

We flew 5 times before finnly decided to go.

--------------------Today-----------
Was his 3rd day out, SOLO!!!!! Well, almost, he hit a flight station on a landing, small hole in the fus, his mom picked him up, and they went shopping.

His dad i think had maybe 2 flights, hadnt flown for a long time, he soloed the day before.

talk about a quik family!!!!

And as a few say-- and tell me---your a great trainor--but thats not true--lost a trainor wensday, got the plane into a bad postion i couldnt get it out of, so i let him barrow my old trainor.
Old 06-22-2003, 11:40 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Some people just "have it" right out of the gate...

Makes ya sick, don't it?
Old 06-22-2003, 11:58 AM
RCPilot100
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Today is the fifth time I am taking my 19 year old 'video game wonder' son out flying. He soloed on the second time out - since then he goes through two charges and 1/2 gallon of fuel on my 4 star 60 during each flying session. So far he does rolls, loops, stall turns and flat turns. We will see what he learns today. My guess is he will be into 3D before the season is over. If he wasn't working six days a week right now, I would guarantee he would be doing 3D in a week or so.

Dan
Old 06-22-2003, 12:44 PM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

I had one student that soloed his sailplane on flight #3! He was 100% green, and had never flown before. No simulator time either, as this was "BRF" (Before RealFlight)

First flight: I launched it, flew to altitude. Handed him the box and talked him through the flight. He stalled it a couple of times, but nothing serious enough for me to take over. I landed it 15 minutes later.

Second flight. I launched it, flew to altitude, handed him the box. Flawless flight, no issues whatsoever. He wanted to land it... I told him what to look for and what glide slope to follow.. he got his right and left crossed up and landed "out." No damage.

Third flight. He launched it, flew to altitude. Another perfect flight, including some basic aerobatics (loops, spins, stall turns) After twenty minutes he brought the plane in for a beautiful sliding landing.

Amazing.
Old 06-22-2003, 05:58 PM
PatinIdaho.
My Feedback: (3)

My story.

Wife said i needed a hobby. Told her no problim i have one in mind. Bought a foam pland cuz i read there ease to repair and can take some abuse. I had to learn to fly my self as i did not know anybody to teach me how. Got a sky scooter for my first trainer from tower. The day after it arrived i flew it. The first few minutes were a little shakey and on landing it i hit a pickup bed and broke off the rudder. Had it fixed in about 10 minutes. Second flight was 10 times better no crash on landing but i landed about 150 feet away. After about 10 flights i thought this is boring so. I bought the plans for a 42 inch wing span P-51 ordered some wood and went to work after it arrived. Took about a week and a half to get it done and flying. took it to the field and flew it just fine. I have never had a real crash or even came close to one yet BUT i also know my day will come. I just hope it ain't my giant scale corsair i have for a winter project.