Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Slow Snail Mail Shipping From Tower......

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Slow Snail Mail Shipping From Tower......

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 08:12 AM
Brainiax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slow Snail Mail Shipping From Tower......

I ordered some parts from Tower on 6/21 and they shipped on 6/24. Usually my orders are received in a couple of day's when coming from Illinois and maybe 5-7 day's when coming from Reno to RI but this last order took a week from Illinois because they sent it via some kind of combo UPS and USPS service. This way sucks. You have some kind of half-azzed tracking number that can only track while it's in the hands of UPS, after that, nothing. Anyone else experience this? Out of the hundreds of orders I've placed with them, this is the first time they used this shipping method. Must be extra cheap or something.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:38 AM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Slow Snail Mail Shipping From Tower......

My last UPS-USPS combo shipment took 4 days total from IL to CA.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:49 PM
safeTwire
My Feedback: (2)

Whatever is stated in total days in which to be delivered, crank out your calender and count them off excluding weekends and Holidays. This will be, in most all instances, the maximum delivery date you will receive that one final item you need to finish off your project, and forgot to include with your original order
Old 07-02-2009, 09:51 AM
carrellh

I've had something shipped using the FedEx/USPS combo method. It was either amazon.com or shoes.com and the package arrived within the "window" that was on the order confirmation.

Tower puts a "delivery window" in their order confirmations. What "window" did they give you, and what was the actual delivery date?

I have had good luck with all mail order vendors. Of those that do provide an estimated "delivery window," most of my orders have arrived before the first date, and I've never had one go past the last date.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:11 AM
Bigshark

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

It seems that "mail innovations" is code for it'll take an extra three days. The only shipments that ever met or exceeded the delivery estimates given by Tower involved the USPS either directly or throught the new program. I've had next day shipments that used regular old UPS, not next day service. Granted I'm only one state away from Tower's IL warehouse.....

I still buy 90% from Tower and 10% local. If Tower carried Ultracote it'd be more like 95% Tower......
Old 07-02-2009, 11:43 AM
Brainiax

It was only one day late but when you need stuff to finish a project, it sets you back a bit. My only point is if Tower wants to charge me an extra dollar for regular mail, I'd pay it to get my stuff sooner. Thanks for the replies.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Bigshark

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The only time they've shipped other than UPS to me has been on very small items that qualify for the $4.99 shipping. Maybe next time I'll just order something too large and bit the bullet on the $8.99 regular shipping.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Brainiax

ORIGINAL: Bigshark

The only time they've shipped other than UPS to me has been on very small items that qualify for the $4.99 shipping. Maybe next time I'll just order something too large and bit the bullet on the $8.99 regular shipping.
It's up to 9.99 but who cares. Still reasonable for a plane or a large order of sorts. I have a feeling they will be using the UPS/USPS method on envelope size parts orders though so plan accordingly.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Big_Bird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I placed an order through Tower's web site last Monday for 2 Futaba S9156 servos. They shipped last Wednesday and I got the order on Friday. This was by the cheapest UPS method. Seems like pretty fast service to me.