Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

They have sunk to new lows....Chris Chianelli would turn in his grave...

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

They have sunk to new lows....Chris Chianelli would turn in his grave...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 05:27 PM
mkranitz
Banned
My Feedback: (60)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default They have sunk to new lows....Chris Chianelli would turn in his grave...

Reading through my email this morning, I noticed a spam from Air Age Publications (the folks who bring you all sorts of RC magazines). The ad was for a new RC television show. I bit and clicked the link.

YIKES!!!

You be the judge, but I was mortified that Air Age thinks we will watch their show just to see a 21 year old girl with shapely breasts. Seriously, that is ALL she brings to the party. Watching her eyes dart back and forth over the teleprompter and seemingly understanding nothing that she was reading, I watched with my jaw on the desk (and not because of the hooters). Send her back to broadcast school for lessons in reading copy like you mean it. PLEASE. Chris Chianelli was great. This is an insult to his legacy.

Michael

http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_...=&fullscreen=0
Old 07-03-2009, 06:11 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: They have sunk to new lows....Chris Chianelli would turn in his grave...

Get this...

a LAWYER talking about people sinking to new lows!

I wonder what she did with all the money she saved by not taking acting lessons.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:15 PM
glowplugboy
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: They have sunk to new lows....Chris Chianelli would turn in his grave...

Truly amateurish. Now if she was reading the teleprompter in a G-String Bikini, I would probably be able to handle the production quality.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: MinnFlyer

Get this...

a LAWYER talking about people sinking to new lows!
Hey, they set the standards, make the rules, interpret the rules - We had better learn to live with it because we are powerless to change it.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:38 PM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm! Think I'll pass.
Edwin
Old 07-03-2009, 10:58 PM
mkranitz
Banned

It's also an embarrassment to HobbyTown, the show's sponsor!
Old 07-03-2009, 11:32 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

I couldn't agree more...she should have at least had a low cut blouse and show some cleavage.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:11 AM
BasinBum

ORIGINAL: MinnFlyer

I wonder what she did with all the money she saved by not taking acting lessons.
Maybe they saved money by hiring a relative. Naw, who would do something like that.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:34 AM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didnt really bother me at all, to begin with nothing "featured" on the show interested me( i just scanned it), and if it did i am more than able to look past the bad performance......Example...If it was a 42% scale aerobatic Yak/Extra/Sukhoi with a 3W 170 , Id be glued regardless of, performance, hooters, cleavage...etc
Old 07-04-2009, 10:07 AM
_nun45

the actual preview as it was, didn't bother me as much as nothing was of interest to me either. as far as it being an embarrassment to its sponsor, i think the sponsor is its own embarrassment. any time an rc show pops on tv i will watch and be a silent critic at home. rc has been a big part of my life for over 20 years and i will not lose interest now.-henry
Old 07-04-2009, 01:46 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Will they offer anything that is not an ARF?

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 07-04-2009, 05:23 PM
mkranitz
Banned

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

Bill, AMA 4720
Now think about the demographic here. Full builds are daunting for newcomers and the way to keep money in this hobby is to get them in the air first and then let them slowly accumulate knowledge to build. I started with sticks back in 1974 and learned a great deal; namely, that I don't have the time or the inclination to build from sticks anymore! I gravitated to helis (mechanical) and I fly large built up ARF's (like the GP Stearman) and EDF foamies that look great. I have built more than 12 helis, but now I pay guys to build nice scale ones for me because I have neither the time nor the talent to work with fiberglass and finishing. So everyone has their own limitations and some guys just love to fly, but not to build so much.

I do think that building is a lost art and I admire guys that can do it, but it's not for everyone and everything that is not built by the modeler is not a piece of garbage or unworthy if it brings joy to that person.

Just my three cents...
Old 07-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Stickbuilder

Yawn.......................................

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 07-04-2009, 06:30 PM
mkranitz
Banned

What does yawn + mean?
Old 07-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

ORIGINAL: mkranitz

What does yawn + mean?
My guess is when you are talking ARFs to some it means this . . . .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74945.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	1229868  
Old 07-04-2009, 10:55 PM
SpaceCowboy

Wholey mackinaw did Chris C. pass away ??

I remember seeing him many times in Toledo and reading his columns.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:34 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What does yawn + mean?
Stickbuilder was hoping for a more exciting show ... heheheehehe

Red ... nice comment about lawyers but let's be fair, I mean no one is perfect and we do know of mods here who of late openly called some forumers IGNORANT right?

Sometimes, people do their best to create awareness for their business, they may be crass, they may be on low budgets, they may be ignorant as to what a touch of class is. But thta is no criminal offence. We have no idea why but it is their right to do it. So what if she had shapely breasts? I mean that is what she was born with. At least they did not put her in a bikini or a low cut blouse or even go on air braless. Maybe we should give them the benefit of the doubt and realise these just guys have no real idea what the hobbyist want and they also were on a low budget. Does that give us a right to hammer them?

Anyone commented about Aeroworks using well endowed women for their ads? Anyone ever commented on Mrs Seb showing her cleavage on the boxes and the website? Are we being fair?
Old 07-05-2009, 07:10 AM
Stickbuilder

What does yawn + mean?
I started to explain my feeling about this, but since there are some here who are waiting for me to do so, so that they can take exception to my reply, I'll just leave them salivating.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 07-05-2009, 11:36 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Bill, AMA 4720
Yawn . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Old 07-05-2009, 11:56 AM
mkranitz
Banned

ORIGINAL: tIANci

What does yawn + mean?
Stickbuilder was hoping for a more exciting show ... heheheehehe

Red ... nice comment about lawyers but let's be fair, I mean no one is perfect and we do know of mods here who of late openly called some forumers IGNORANT right?

Sometimes, people do their best to create awareness for their business, they may be crass, they may be on low budgets, they may be ignorant as to what a touch of class is. But thta is no criminal offence. We have no idea why but it is their right to do it. So what if she had shapely breasts? I mean that is what she was born with. At least they did not put her in a bikini or a low cut blouse or even go on air braless. Maybe we should give them the benefit of the doubt and realise these just guys have no real idea what the hobbyist want and they also were on a low budget. Does that give us a right to hammer them?

Anyone commented about Aeroworks using well endowed women for their ads? Anyone ever commented on Mrs Seb showing her cleavage on the boxes and the website? Are we being fair?
You missed the entire point. I don't take issue with her shapeliness. I take issue with the fact that shapeliness is the ONLY asset she brings to the show. AirAge has been in the RC business for 40 or 50 years! Ever read Model Airplane News? Yeah, it's those guys and they know better. They are not on a low budget. They have a perfect idea of what hobbyists want and should not be excused like an ignorant child who shouldn't know better. To the contrary, they should be held to the highest standards since that is what they expect. I know the executives at AirAge and this show is lame given what they are capable of producing.

I have no problem with attractive models promoting product. BUT, photographs are one thing. If you want to put someone on camera, try to get someone who is both attractive AND capable of speaking with conviction, understanding and intelligence. Just watch FoxNews and you'll know exactly what I mean.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:57 AM
mkranitz
Banned

What does yawn + mean?
I started to explain my feeling about this, but since there are some here who are waiting for me to do so, so that they can take exception to my reply, I'll just leave them salivating.

Bill, AMA 4720
I know what it means, Bill. What I really want to know is why you are so cranky about this issue AND so unwilling to engage in intelligent discourse about it. Telling me to pound salt basically concedes the point. So that is how I'll take it.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:06 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Watching her eyes dart back and forth over the teleprompter and seemingly understanding nothing that she was reading, Michael

http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_...=&fullscreen=0
Maybe she is planning on running for public office.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

What does yawn + mean?

Bill, AMA 4720
I doubt if there are any forum subscribers that have been around for very long that don't already know Bill's feelings for ARFs, electric power, Model Aviation, etc. and any one that might enjoy them. He has not been at all secretive in explaining them.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:08 PM
redfox435cat

this wold probably be an A for a college students project but is this supposed to be aired? I would be ashamed to admit I'm into RC is someone approached me about this shows legitimacy, especially when it calls off the shelf edf's jets the hotest thing in RC.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:40 PM
antiquefer

The girls modeling for the products are the hottest thing in rc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.