Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Tower hobbies leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Tower hobbies leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 08:29 PM
inside0UT
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tower hobbies leaves a bad taste in my mouth

ORIGINAL: koolkrabber47

ORIGINAL: sammich

WHINERS THAT START DISCUSSIONS LIKE THIS ARE JUST THAT - WHINERS.
ANOTHER "HONORABLE QUOTE" FROM SAMMICH......I WONDER HOW MANY "NEWBIES" OR "RC'ers", HE HELPED WITH THAT WISDOM????.......Hmmmmm!!!!
How many did you help with that?
Old 05-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Wyoming Cowboy
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: P-51B

ORIGINAL: Wyoming Cowboy

I just ordered Top Flite's B-25 from Tower today...according to them it'll come as early as Thursday or as late as Saturday. I'll put it to the test and see what happens...

I ordered a sailboat and some airplane stuff last Friday around noon. It was shipped this morning. It is scheduled to get to me a week from now.

According to the UPS tracking information, thebomber shipped yesterday 5/4 [which is the day I ordered it] and was in Columbus already at 8:00 this morning. To be honest, this is the FASTEST I've ever received an airplane that I can remember. Accessories will usually come about this quickly but never an airplane. Especially of this size [88" wingspread].
Old 05-05-2010, 11:00 AM
spasmatic
My Feedback: (4)

Tower has always given me good service. I placed and order with them Fri. night and it was shipped Mon. It will be here today per UPS.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:19 AM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

Tower has stayed in bussiness for as many years they have because of their great service! I am sure there has been a few times they have messed up an order but they can not be perfect all the time! They honestly have been perfect with me and I have dealt with them since early 80's
Old 05-06-2010, 12:08 PM
Wyoming Cowboy

My bird came in this morning.  I haven't given it a full 10 point inspection yet but it looks good.  I'm thinking about converting it to a Doolittle Raider.  But total time from when I hit "buy now" to when it got to my doorstep was 2 days.  Pretty good as far as I'm concerned...
Old 05-06-2010, 04:00 PM
hairy46

Pictures when you get it done please! See the anti Tower crowd just do not understand why we are not down on Tower and why we like Tower? its because of the fast shipping the ease of ordering, and the many products they have. If I order on Sat. Sun. Stuff is most likely here by Thurs. some times before, Right at my door, and I live in nowhere Wyoming! I reckon they could fly over and drop it by parachute,Or guided missile! Would be faster but exspensive! I would prefere that Miss America or runner up would bring it to my door. but I will take when it gets here no matter how it gets here! because I know it will be right, And packed well! Since the early 80"s not a problem, Thats Tower to me! I know most the guys on this tread like Tower, Just a few do not, So in their honor my next order will be ten dollars more to make up Towers lost!
Old 05-06-2010, 05:23 PM
rcmetropolis

Just my opinion but if you need something super fast checking your local hobby store would be the best idea.  You might pay a little more but that is okay if you need a part in a pinch.  One should expect delays from time to time when ordering online.  Think of the sheer volume of orders and you never know for sure if the carrier is backed up.

If you think Tower is bad, I've been waiting for over a month for a set of wheel pants and a cowl for my seagull ultimate that I ordered from Horizon.  Horizon is always waiting on the slow boat from China and never has anything when you need it.  Sure, their shipping is fast if they actually have something in stock which is rare.

The entire list of hobby manufacturers and distributors all need a lesson in supply and demand but the sad truth is they don't care because they know we'll buy their product anyhow even if it is a terrible inconvenience to get it.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:58 AM
Wyoming Cowboy

After going over my B-25 on Saturday, I noticed some of the decals had somehow been stuck on the manual.  I called Tower and am getting a new set shipped free of charge.  The set is listed for something like $19 if you want an extra.  I use Horizon exclusively for Saito engines, since Tower doesn't carry the Saito line.  But other than that, Tower is who I go to, and will continue to go to, for everything I need.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:25 AM
jaav

I have nothing but praise for TH. I get most of my orders faster than I can get from my capital city, Perth West Aust...Ive had a few damaged items and they were replace FOC no questions asked...Tops..
Old 05-17-2010, 11:33 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: P-51B

ORIGINAL: Wyoming Cowboy

I just ordered Top Flite's B-25 from Tower today...according to them it'll come as early as Thursday or as late as Saturday. I'll put it to the test and see what happens...

I ordered a sailboat and some airplane stuff last Friday around noon. It was shipped this morning. It is scheduled to get to me a week from now.

Everything arrived as scheduled.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:42 AM
trippin

Anybodyelse think this rcmetropolis.com site is a joke.
It's just two redneck trying to start a website.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:23 AM
RCVFR
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: trippin

Anybody else think this rcmetropolis.com site is a joke.
It's just two redneck trying to start a website.
Just curious; what is it about the website that troubles you? [sm=confused.gif]
Old 09-02-2011, 08:05 AM
hy flyr
My Feedback: (27)

Did a search on tower hobbies and came up with this thread. They don't really "leave a bad taste in my mouth" but I am getting a little annoyed at all the e-mails I get from them! Just today already I received 4 e-mails! I'll get up to 20 or more a week from them. Everything like, free shipping, save $50.00, your source for parts, 2-day sales, etc..I'd unsubscribe but I do use some of the code #'s. Just an observation..
Old 01-16-2016, 10:37 PM
sl5406
My Feedback: (40)

Default Tower Hobbies 2016 Super Savers Club

Tower Hobbies 2016 Super Savers Club diminished benefits? Does anyone agree?
Old 01-16-2016, 10:45 PM
sl5406
My Feedback: (40)

Default Tower Hobbies 2016 Super Savers Club

Tower Hobbies 2016 Super Savers Club diminished benefits? Does anyone agree?

Last edited by sl5406; 01-16-2016 at 10:52 PM. Reason: duplicate post
Old 01-16-2016, 10:54 PM
hairy46

What part of the benefits?
Old 01-17-2016, 06:36 AM
JimmyZep

I've ordered a lot of stuff from Tower in 2010 & 2011 and
now in the last few months.

I always get what I ordered and fairly fast 3 to 4 days.

I have also experienced GREAT customer service.

I placed an order on Nov 15 and 2 days later they offered a cash back coupon
but I missed out because the offer started after I placed my order.

I called them and they gave it to me anyways.

Got a free R617FS Futaba receiver in the deal.

Jimmy
Old 01-17-2016, 08:06 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had nothing but exceptional service with them every time I've used them. Perhaps the OP is talking about less of a discount? I don't know, seems to be as good as usual. Great prices, quick shipping, and if you need to call them an actual human pics up, and there are not language barriers. My only gripe is that their website is a bit antiquated, but other than that..they are the best, I'd even say better than HH.
Old 01-17-2016, 09:08 AM
hairy46

Tower hobbies service has been second to none for me, all the years I have dealt with them zero problems, a few months ago I ordered a plane and the shipper had to dig it out from a bunch of heavy packages, it took him about twenty minutes, when I saw the smashed box I knew there would be damage, and I was way right. Called tower and they sent a new one out that day! They are dang near perfect in my eye's.
Old 01-17-2016, 02:45 PM
chris923
My Feedback: (53)

I order 1000's of dollars of stuff from Tower every year for the last 10 years. They have always fixed any problem from bad gas engines to bad Mustang wings where the shear webs were installed wrong.

They are the best!
Old 01-17-2016, 03:53 PM
tony0707

Did my biggest Rc airplane purchases , from tower hobby for 20 years
I bought the ---Acucycle Elite charger for $ 250 ,---you know the best possible new charger on the planet ,such BS ,like i never saw in my life
The peak charger did nothing but --Eat my Nicad Batteries --and destroy them in no time at all and took a while to realize that was happening
You ---Cannot peak charge Nicad batteries ,---as it will ,make the batteries life extremely short lived( good if you sell batteries imimagine )
A Bad charger that damages batteries ,is a direct threat to the airframes life and sucsess in the hobby

Sent it back to be checked by them ,they sent me a new one ,that did exactly the same thing as the old one
I complained again ,but ---tower would not take responsibility ,--for the poor quality of the chargers design ,and made the issue my problem
The Acucycle Elite ( Towers own brand name ) has been the --Single Worst purchase --and value , I have ever made in 23 years of flying RC

I do not care for buying Junk and throwing good money in the trash ,as that was all that charger was good for ,and having the company i purchased this Junk from ,not correct there defective purchase ,when told it was just that
That left ---a real bad tast in my mouth --and frustrated me to death
Yes , the shipping was reasonably fast then
Will no longer deal with any company that will not stand behind an expensive product they sell ,knowing after a short time,on the market ,that it is nothing but JUNK !!!! for its intended purpose
By,By TOWER !!
Old 01-17-2016, 04:47 PM
pkoury
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes you can peak charge Nicads. Is it possible you were not operating the charger correctly or do not understand how to treat Nicads? Were you always peak charging? I know several modelers who never condition charged or slow charged their NiCad and Nimh batteries they just peak charged from day one and ruined many a battery pack and lost several models as a result.
Old 01-17-2016, 09:59 PM
oh44077
My Feedback: (5)

I have dealt with tower many years and have always had good results with my purchases and returns. Have always found their discounts better than anybody else. just an opinion. not up for argument.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:21 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tony0707
Did my biggest Rc airplane purchases , from tower hobby for 20 years
I bought the ---Acucycle Elite charger for $ 250 ,

Is this your charger ? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEYD4
Old 01-19-2016, 05:39 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by pkoury
Yes you can peak charge Nicads. Is it possible you were not operating the charger correctly ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
True, I've been using the hitec 335 to peak field charge my NiCd packs for 25 years,, what smokes NiCd and NiMH packs is guys charging at too high an amperage, never charge more than 1C and you'll be fine.If those packs are getting warm,, you're doing something wrong.

oooh,
Tower is the best

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.