Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Looking for Club/Instructor in Baton Rouge, LA

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Looking for Club/Instructor in Baton Rouge, LA

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 05:14 PM
Borzak
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Club/Instructor in Baton Rouge, LA

Looking for a club and instructor in Baton Rouge, LA.

Hopefully someone can fill me in because I'm having a hard time tracking down info. I found one clubs website but it appears that it's down this week so far.

I went to the local hobby shop and the guy there was less than helpful and couldn't name the club or a contact person.

Anyway I'm 32 and getting back in after a VERY long break. I want to get started again pretty fast and building a trainer (I like to build).

Any help would be appreciated. Any personal stories/recommendations on an instructor? I'm not a real laid back person but I have TONS of time off during the week etc.. so maybe one that's retired who can fly during the day etc... Maybe someone who's really nice as I'm the type of person who wasn't given the gift of gab and have a real hard time just starting up a cold conversation with people I don't know well (I'm not a social moron tho just shy).

Thanks.

Old 06-26-2003, 03:50 PM
3D Flyer
My Feedback: (37)

Default clubs website

this is the clubs website with all the contacts you need on the club officers page:

http://redstickrc.org/
Old 06-26-2003, 03:55 PM
3D Flyer
My Feedback: (37)

Default nice field

looks like the club has a very nice field from the web pics. you should call these guys and stop by. the map is on the website.
Old 06-26-2003, 04:10 PM
Borzak
My Feedback: (2)

yup thanks. I found the website a week or so ago, but at the time it would never come up.

But today it seems to be working. Yeah I knew where the field was just when I went by no one was there and no contact info was posted and it's a pretty long drive from my side of town.

Thanks tho I finally got in touch with the club president so hopefully I can find out when's a good time to stop in.
Old 06-26-2003, 07:16 PM
david a

I'm the type of person who wasn't given the gift of gab and have a real hard time just starting up a cold conversation with people I don't know well (I'm not a social moron tho just shy).
You should read the book my dad wrote, "How to Win and Influence Enemies". Then try your best to NOT do those things.

When you're around someone you don't know you should always make the first move. Just smile, walk up to them, stick your hand out to shake and say, "Hi, I'm Borzak". If they're still there after that, try to find something, anything in common to talk about then casually switch the conversation to them. People love talking about themselves and they'll love you for being interested in them. They won't know you from Adam, but they'll think you're the greatest thing since sliced bread. Plus, it'll make it easier to borrow money from them.

I'll be in Baton Rouge this weekend. Who knows, maybe I'll drop by the field and see if I can borrow $10 from someone.