Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Futaba 12Z software bug drops battery to zero volts ans alarms

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Futaba 12Z software bug drops battery to zero volts ans alarms

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 08:04 AM
ThomStilwill
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 12Z software bug drops battery to zero volts ans alarms

Response to my complaint in the RCUniverse Futaba Support Forum

All,

I am hoping this will inform other 12z transmitter owners about a bug in the radio's programming that will cause your radio's zero battery voltage alarm to fire up and stay on. Futaba didn't like my opinion in thier direct support forum, so I expect this will get deleted too. Hope you see this before that happens.

I originally placed this in the Futaba Direct Support Forum where apparently my voicing my opinion about Futaba's Support is not allowed. Read the response below. So here's the jist of it.

My new 12z drops to 0 volts after 1-2 flights - fresh battery, second fresh battery tested same result
Sent it in, Futaba Service replace a handfull of parts and sent it back with a clean bill of health.
Got the radio back, went flying and experienced the same results.

Called Futaba, spoke to a gruff, unpolite technician who said at first to send it back in, then after requesting a manager to speak to and being denied, told me that the issue only showed uu in 1 model due to the way it was programmed. I asked what specifically was programmed that cases the zero volt battery alarm, and he said "something I programmed", as if it werer my fault. He also informed me that Futaba knew about this and is working on a fix.

I will not be staying with this brand due to it's support department actions and treatment of it's customers as well as not feeling safe about the state of the radio with the current 'Mystery' bug.

Futaba - Feel free to delete any negative publicity, as per your SOP.

Edit> The posted PM was removed. "PM" means PRIVATE Message and it is against RCU policy to post any private conversations.

And there we have it - please see my post on the other major site for the whole picture.