Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

RCU Admin wants to know what features you want on RCU and which ones should be improved

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

RCU Admin wants to know what features you want on RCU and which ones should be improved

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 01:18 AM
gelbschnee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCU Admin wants to know what features you want on RCU and which ones should be improved

Agreed keep the politics/religion out of this community. I do not want to end up having to HATE most of you for sharing your opinions in such a way.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:13 AM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RCU Admin wants to know what features you want on RCU and which ones should be improved

How about being able rate a post negativley?
Old 10-07-2009, 02:49 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Just wanted to say thanks for changing the color of the date the thread started..that green gave me retina damage ...at least I think it was green ! Half color blind here..before the green bit me !
Old 10-07-2009, 03:08 PM
larry@coyotenet
My Feedback: (21)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would like to see the forums free from unpaid advertising, Have a seperate forum were your commercial posters can post, clearly label the forum as adds. some of the forums, like the gas engine forum, are almost worthless for information because of all the people promoting their products in the form of an answer to a question!
Old 10-07-2009, 03:17 PM
mvigod
Banned

ORIGINAL: larry@coyotenet

I would like to see the forums free from unpaid advertising, Have a seperate forum were your commercial posters can post, clearly label the forum as adds. some of the forums, like the gas engine forum, are almost worthless for information because of all the people promoting their products in the form of an answer to a question!

Please report these when you see them. there are not a huge amount of vendors in rc so if we clamp down on this abuse we can stop this from happening. your reports are sent to moderators and held confidentially.

marc
Old 10-07-2009, 06:12 PM
weathervane

I would like to see you return to the page you were looking at when you sign in. I look alot and do not sign in, but when I do sign in you need to back through the threads to find what you were just looking at. Just what I would like to see added to RCU.
-Andrew
Old 10-07-2009, 06:54 PM
mvigod
Banned

ORIGINAL: weathervane

I would like to see you return to the page you were looking at when you sign in. I look alot and do not sign in, but when I do sign in you need to back through the threads to find what you were just looking at. Just what I would like to see added to RCU.
-Andrew
this is a good idea and one we will implement.

marc
Old 10-07-2009, 10:34 PM
badger5964
My Feedback: (6)

Posts sometimes get confusing because the reply is not directed at the last post, but one of the earlier posts. I think it would be helpful to somehow highlight that you are directing a reply at a specific post. Perhaps in reply to johndoe,post #XX. THe system only marks it as in reply to writer. Should it be not in reply to last post something a little more obvious.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:27 AM
mvigod
Banned

ORIGINAL: badger5964

Posts sometimes get confusing because the reply is not directed at the last post, but one of the earlier posts. I think it would be helpful to somehow highlight that you are directing a reply at a specific post. Perhaps in reply to johndoe,post #XX. THe system only marks it as in reply to writer. Should it be not in reply to last post something a little more obvious.

this is also a good idea and we can implement this. I'm working on the uploader still but once that is done I'm going down this list and will start working on mowing these all down
Old 01-03-2010, 04:15 PM
sundogz

Request for a New Forum

I think that we should have forum in the boats section dedicated to Jet Drive boats. There is certainly enough posts in the 'unofficial all things jet drive' and other threads to justify it! Sundogz
Old 01-03-2010, 05:50 PM
Scott Smith
My Feedback: (4)

I would like to run some queries against the back end database! There's a weight debate going on in the Pattern forum and I'd love to get the count of distinct posters and what their viewpoint is.

Scott
SQL Server/.Net developer
Old 01-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

I'd like the ability to embed youtube videos, so that it's a picture and not just the link that you can play from the post directly. Also, I'd like an easier way to see my thread responses and posts, like they have on the "other" site.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Minnreefer

The only thing that I would like, but I don't know if you ahve it already or if it is easy to implimant is a mobile site, I have a blackberry and it is a pain to look at the forums on it.

Other wise I love your site.

Jon
Old 01-04-2010, 08:39 AM
mvigod
Banned

ORIGINAL: Scott Smith

I would like to run some queries against the back end database! There's a weight debate going on in the Pattern forum and I'd love to get the count of distinct posters and what their viewpoint is.

Scott
SQL Server/.Net developer
You can click the total replies to see this. it is a link showing you all the distinct posters in any thread.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:43 AM
mvigod
Banned

ORIGINAL: Tommygun

I'd like the ability to embed youtube videos, so that it's a picture and not just the link that you can play from the post directly. Also, I'd like an easier way to see my thread responses and posts, like they have on the "other" site.
The embedded videos AREclickable to watch on youtube. if you click inside the video itself it will launch to youtube.

I can create an option to view all of your own posts in other views. We did add an icon to the threads that you have posted in which is this . Also you can always click the Search icon under your posts or the post count under your avatar on the left side here to get yours (or any users)posts
Old 01-04-2010, 08:43 AM
mvigod
Banned

Mobile capability is planned for 2010. Iuse iphone and while Ican view the site ok a mobile optimized view would be better

ORIGINAL: Minnreefer

The only thing that I would like, but I don't know if you ahve it already or if it is easy to implimant is a mobile site, I have a blackberry and it is a pain to look at the forums on it.

Jon
Old 01-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Minnreefer

ORIGINAL: RCadmin

Mobile capability is planned for 2010. I use iphone and while I can view the site ok a mobile optimized view would be better

ORIGINAL: Minnreefer

Jon
Cool, thanks, I can also use the site, but it is more then a pain then it is worth most of the time.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:31 PM
BillyGoat

ORIGINAL: MetallicaJunkie

How about being able rate a post negativley?
I agree with this for several reason. Mostly because I'm not into posting just to call somebody out for posting BS. But giving it my negative vote would get the point across.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:06 PM
davidgeorge212

When is the beta testing going to be finished? I remeber the first time I signed on to RCU and it had a normal looking search engine where you can type something in and hit enter. Now It is all white and when you type something in for the first time and hit enter, it comes up with no results and puts "forumid226" after my search. I have to delete the forumid226 and then hit enter again before it will actually pull up what I am looking for.

David
Old 01-04-2010, 01:39 PM
mvigod
Banned

ORIGINAL: davidgeorge212

When is the beta testing going to be finished? I remeber the first time I signed on to RCU and it had a normal looking search engine where you can type something in and hit enter. Now It is all white and when you type something in for the first time and hit enter, it comes up with no results and puts "forumid226" after my search. I have to delete the forumid226 and then hit enter again before it will actually pull up what I am looking for.

David
david,

this is because you are searching from within a specific forum. when you search you will see a drop down to the right of the forum you are searching "Search this Forum" is default. If you want to search all forums change it to "Search Site". If you are searching from the search box on the bottom of the forum then that one can only search within a forum. There is no selector on that one.