Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Warning Graphic Picture !!

Man thats tough, I should print that pic and put it in the flight box. Sometimes I get lax about that spinning prop.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Motorman and Guitar52,,Thanks for your warnings and sharing your pics.We all need to pay more attention "ALL" the time.I've been flying since 1968 and have many scares to show for it.When I am teaching a rooky I show them what can happen.This is the place to post the pics..Thank you both.Tom . Heal well
    Bob thats why we go to church,the church is for sinners just like a hospital is for those that are sick.
    pain is just weakness leaving the body
    P51 brotherhood #40
    P47 brotherhood #34
    F4U corsair bro hood #91

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thank you for posting your incident. I hope you are healing quickly and it is refreshing to see a post from someone with a great attitude. I hope you have many happy flights to come. I know I will be more thoughtful of operating any aircraft. I hope this post remains easy to find as I know I will become lax and will need to be reminded. I operate 150cc sized aircraft and there is no room for error. Thank you once again for your reminder of safety first.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Guitarman52

ORIGINAL: dignlivn

Sorry to hear about your injury.

I too play guitar and feel your pain.

Good Luck,

Bob

That's the worst part Bob. I had those calluses for 50 years and now there gone, plus I lost half a finger. Oh well I must remember, it could have been much worse. I can't give up the hobby, I love it too much. Just need to slow down and pay attention.

I just saw the heading on this post and decided to read it. I am sorry to hear about your fingers, and of course your callases. I know if I dont play my guitar for a few weeks my calleses are gone but to loose parts of my fingers, that would suck.

Also, keep in mind that some of the greatest guitar players have had severe hand problems. Tony Iommi from Balck Sabbath lost the tips of his fingers in an accident on his last day of work before he was going to try and be a professional musician. He turned out alright. If you are ever looking for a little bit of a pick me up it is a great story to read.

Good luck and speedy recovery,

Earl

who knows why there are 3 access holes in the tranny. Kinda like \"Why do you have an appendix?\" - TBJ

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: prop wash

Bob thats why we go to church,the church is for sinners just like a hospital is for those that are sick.
    OK, are you saying you go to church to see the ladies who keep things spicy?Or are you saying that we go to church beause we need to overcome the sin of enjoying the spices?

Uh Oh... I should be careful.. someone is going to move this post to another "more appropriate forum"

I can see it now... New Forum! All Forums >> Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more >> The Clubhouse >>RC for Churchgoers>>women>>attire>>dresses>>too short

It's a slippery slope! Next thing you know they will take away our constitutional rights! It must be true.. I saw it in print online!

Bob (from Dallas)
    Few things in life provide as much pleasure as a perfect landing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Getting in a hurry can cost you dearly... I had my Yak setting in my safety retainer, but failed to pull up the locking mechanism in front of the tail..... needless to say A picture is worth a thousand words, the prop severed the first joint on my little finger, took the ends off of the other 3, with fractures on the middle and ring fingers. I had surgery today on the little finger. I can only blame myself... take your time and be careful out there guys.

Hey...thanks for the posting. Now I don't feel like I'm the only one who had a lapse of brain function during the starting of these things. I too got caught up in a prop fight .....and lost!!!
    Here is my proof
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hf98337.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	1294054  
    Let\'\'s be open minded.... But not so open that your brain falls out
    Waco Brotherhood #46
    QQ Python \"Miss Linney \"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have been playing bass for 32 years and finger pick. That would ruin me! Get well soon.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bob remember that spices are very expensive and that we must pay for them one way or another.You have to make the choice.Now you can play with words ,but, it all boils down to down to whats right.Pay attention to the preacher not the pretty ladies.I know it's tuff but you can do it.We all[men] have the same problem.Tom .Semper Fi [ Mathew 5:27&28]
    pain is just weakness leaving the body
    P51 brotherhood #40
    P47 brotherhood #34
    F4U corsair bro hood #91

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

SoCalSal... Ouch....

[X(]
    Luis

AMA number : 934723
    Concealed Weapons Carrier
    Pro 2nd Amendment
    Pro-Life unless you don\'\'t deserve it..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You know, there may be a market for forearm protection. Something similar to what we use in archery. I don't think my current barcers (arm guards) would be sufficient againt a prop. But maybe one of the older leather wrap arounds might provide some level of protection.

Tom,

Don't worry. I know why I am there. But the analogy was just too good to pass up. You know, all the people who complain about those ill mannered individuals yet pay them far too much attention. Kind of like the guy here who got this thread kicked from the ARF forum.

Bob

Few things in life provide as much pleasure as a perfect landing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My 2 cents worth.

Guitarman, sorry about the stroke of bad luck, but glad you're taking itwith a grain of salt. Now, as to the topic of yourPost appearing here to begin with, and not somewhere else,I personally think you picked justthe right place.After all, if this were a real Clubhouse,guys would be coming and going and there would invaribly be manywide rangingconversations, some funny, some even hilarious, and others would touch on topics such as yours.So, my 2 cents worth..."My man,you got it in the right place."

Jaybaby,(formerly Grampaw)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It was in the ARF section, then was moved here after somebody pissed and moaned about it being there.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I agree that this is a good place for it, however, my point was that if it has to do with safety, it belongs everywhere. You cannot caterogize safety.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This all reminds me of when I was growing up. My father was a stickler for safety, particularly in the workplace, but also at home. He also used to preach "don't do anything stupid!". This use to drive my older brother crazy who always had to listen to my dad going on about safety practices, blah blah blah, particularly in the workshop.

One day, fed up with all this and having my dad harp on him about whatever... My brother, being a teenager, fired back... well, "I'm too smart for safety", as a joke.

This, of course, set my dad off and got his blood boiling.

My brother went on to create a major machine shop/metal fab business (now a major operation after 30 years) and has himself become a stickler for safety. His "I'm too smart for safety" has remained in our family ever since and we have come to laugh at its utter foolishness. Needless to say, even with my dad now in his 80s... the phrase still pisses him off slightly and we enjoy repeating it every chance we get.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the post. This story made me laugh.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Delete

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: SoCalSal

Getting in a hurry can cost you dearly... I had my Yak setting in my safety retainer, but failed to pull up the locking mechanism in front of the tail..... needless to say A picture is worth a thousand words, the prop severed the first joint on my little finger, took the ends off of the other 3, with fractures on the middle and ring fingers. I had surgery today on the little finger. I can only blame myself... take your time and be careful out there guys.

Hey...thanks for the posting. Now I don't feel like I'm the only one who had a lapse of brain function during the starting of these things. I too got caught up in a prop fight .....and lost!!!
    Here is my proof
    Here is another to remind everyone on safety. Mine is healing quite well now. I still have my fingers crossed on the coverage by my insurance.

Name:	Ig13436.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	152.9 KB 
ID:	1294914   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cx75143.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	144.8 KB 
ID:	1294915   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rw57843.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	1294916   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oh13113.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	1294917   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zk68406.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	1294918  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yours is looking much better.

david
    I never want to see a crash. But I don't want to miss one either.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: daveopam

Yours is looking much better.

david
    It is allmost all healed up. I never want to go down that road again. I hope that these incidents can help people to remember safety first. It can happen to anyone.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guitarman;
    I hope you're healing well...
    You know; I play guitar too and just wanted to give courage while regarding to this. Once I'd an accident with a circular saw machine and almost lost the tip of my finger. Now is healed but there is not sensitive at all (you know how important is it for playing, apart of calluses). Today I play anyway but I had to learn again how to use that finger.
    I know another guy who lost almost 100% of movement capability on two of his fingers on a fire; he learned how to play guitar (first he was violin player) and become one of the best players in the world: Who? Django Reinhardt.
    Again, my best wishes;
    Guillermo

Name:	Vt56004.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	1295903  
    Exocet Engineering & Design; Maranello (ITA).

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

To sum it all up:

The smart man learns from his mistakes. The wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Anonymous

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I thank all of those who have sent encouraging remarks. I have nothing to say to the whiners.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I thank all of those who have sent encouraging remarks. I have nothing to say to the whiners.

Thanks for being the bigger man. We could use more like that!!!!

David
    I never want to see a crash. But I don't want to miss one either.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: daveopam

Thanks for being the bigger man. We could use more like that!!!!

David

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This may be straying of track a bit but I have a neighbor who one foolish day decieded to use a 9" grinder without a guard. Well you can guess where this story is headed. Anyway I was out the back when I heard him calling my name. The tone of his voice I had a rough idea all was not well (plus the way he was holding his wrist and the look on his face was a bit of a give away).Any way I had a towel ready to hold the peices roughy lined up and the wait for ambulence seems like years. This may not be about airplanes but one has to be wary about our work shop tools as well. Im always a bit anal about safety with these things and the only advice I can give is to get into a safe routine and try and stick to it. Having said that I may be posting my pics. here one day.It can happen to anyone but the real unsafe idiots seem to be the ones that get away with it. Cheers the pope

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast