Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hello All!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 09:08 PM
tunedbysaturnsl1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello All!

Hello fellow r/c modelers. I've been in the radio controlled market for about 10 years give or take a year or two. I have a total of five r/c vehicles at the moment. All are HPI Racing, minus my truck. Most of my radio systems (including servos and recievers) are Airtronics Systems, (an XL2P, RD6000, and M11<on the way) batteries and electric motorsare by Trinity, and ESC (minus one) are made by Novak.
My first car is an RS4 Sport that I'm running a Trinity Opal engine in with a Novak Racing Cyclone C2 electric transmitter. I remember destorying my first set of tires on that due to lack of using CA clue to mount them to the rims and the parking lot not being in the best of shape at the time. I've installed a few hop-ups on it and I'm currently searching for more. That one is mainly my speed monster that has a slight rally conversion to it with the Rally's Inner Body set.
A lot of people bash the Pro 3, but that being my second car, Ihave nothing but love for it. That one is more or less my "play" model since it has a Trinity Ruby engine installed along with a Novak Super Rooster with reverse. I haven't done too much to it in the way of hop-ups due to the market for improving that model being next to none unforunitely.
Ithink after the fun I had with the Pro 3, I set out on eBay in search of an RS4 Mini. I haven't run this one yet due to it lacking a reciever for the time being, but it does have a Trinity Sapphire engine and Duratrax electronic speed controller. Only body I have for it is a Volkswagon Golf which looks similiar to one of my friend's car. It needs wheels and tires, but I couldn't complain since when I got it, it was a sure steal.
My Tamiya Clodbuster complete with four-wheel drive and four-wheel steering. I still run the stock engines on it since they're plently powerful and I used the Novak/Traxxas EVX esc with dual batteries. I have a set of InTegy aluminum front and rear gear housings, axles, and steering blocks coming. It never had the stock wheels and tires on it for longer than a day because I went with the Jumbo Kong wheel/tire sets and it's nearly unstoppable.
My current pride and joy is my RS4 Nitro 3. This is the mutt of the family. I bought it from a guy with no wheels, tires, instructions, engine, or exhaust. But, that was fine because I had decided that it was getting the HPI Drift kit, an HPI 18SS engine, and an HPI tuned pipe in advance. I threw a 2-speed transmission in there just for kicks as well. I converted the engine over to a roto-start system and I use, at the moment, 30% nitro fuel to fed it. I recently just got it up and running this week after getting the motor mounts I needed. It hasn't been completely broken in, but it is quite loud and very powerful. I have supercharged it with a kit from RB Innovations. I have to wait on my new 2.4gHz system before I can set up the throttle and brake linkages (due to lack of a reciever). I'm waiting on a set of light buckets from Yokomo USA for my 350z body to arrive so I can finish installing HPI's Super LED Light System. (I went ahead and got them for my Skyline, S15, RX7, and Supra bodies, too. ) I found nifty little led mirrors for the r/c cars, too, that I ordered. They're like the mirrors that you sometimes see on like BMW and Mercedes Benz cars.
I've been on and off with r/c'ing for a while, but recently got back into it since the fall and winter are coming up. Where I live, there's not too much to do during the cold season. I don't race a whole lot, I enjoy building the kits more than anything. I have somewhere around 20 bodies, most of which I painted myself ranging from Ford Mustang to Lamborghini to a Saturn VUE. I like to change them up every now and then. I'll post up pictures in a few weeks. I'm not going to lie, Ihave a ton of electronics that I enjoy putting on my cars such as a Novak Sentry Pro data logger and a Venom Speed Meter. I usually purchase most of my stuff from Tower Hobbies, they ship quick and their prices are fair. Sometimes, I get at the local Hobby Town USA, but they'll usually out of stock or have to special order things other than maintainence items. Google is good though for finding those hard-to-find things that I desire from overseas. (Next up is an HPI Switch kit.) Thanks for reading my post and hope to chat with you all soon!

Old 10-02-2009, 10:21 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Hello All!

Are those fun fly planes or pattern planes?[sm=49_49.gif]
Old 10-02-2009, 11:58 PM
dakotanut

Default RE: Hello All!

Nice. Welcome to rcuniverse. Lot of info and helpful people here.