Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Beware of Horizon Hobby

Old 08-31-2010, 04:28 PM
magudaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Beware of Horizon Hobby

I realize this thread has been dead for a little bit but I had to put in my problem with HH. I sent in two items for RMA over 90 days ago, received the one with in 2 weeks, the other part was shipped a month later but I never received. I called them up, waited on hold for 45 minutes, and was told the item actually never shipped and would not be in stock for about another month. So here I am today about over 90 days from mailing out and my plane still sits on the shelf, it flew for a whole 3 days after purchase! I would have taken it back to my LHS if I had know it would be shelved for 3 months 3 days after I bought it. I pretty PO'd, no more HH products for me ever again!
Old 08-31-2010, 04:50 PM
rlongenecker

Many of their aiplane ARF's, RTF's and parts come from overseas by boat. Some items run out and take months to get in stock.
Yes, they should have known that when you ordered or soon thereafter and let you know.
It's very frustrating.

Thank goodness my customers don't cut me off for one mistake.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:30 PM
rcextra330

Ive had nothing but GREAT service form H H.I feel they have gone out of there way for me !
Old 09-02-2010, 12:04 PM
magudaman

ORIGINAL: rlongenecker

Many of their aiplane ARF's, RTF's and parts come from overseas by boat. Some items run out and take months to get in stock.
Yes, they should have known that when you ordered or soon thereafter and let you know.
It's very frustrating.

Thank goodness my customers don't cut me off for one mistake. [img][/img]
You are very lucky indeed, in my line of work a mistake would have my customers going to my competitors. I understand slow boats from china but usually that is say a month , but 3 months, really?!?! Air mail over a couple units to have a little bit of surplus since customers are waiting. Offer me expedited shipping (denied after asking) once you receive the product from that slow boat, especially since this has taken so long due to your mistake. And I do see this as a mistake, they know their stock levels and amounts they will use in a given time period. No company waits till they run out to order more, when you get low you order more as to not run out.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:41 PM
Tarasdad

Shippers wait until a container is full before putting it on the ship. Most of these parts are made by companies that make products for more than one company, and then make only one item per production run at a time. It can easily take several weeks before they have enough product for one company to fill a container and ship it.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:35 AM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

Also most if not all of the RC companies use "stand by" shipping. It may sit on the dock waiting for a open space. This also holds down the cost. Then you have customs here that hold up the container. Dennis
Old 03-07-2011, 10:37 AM
silvermansteve
My Feedback: (2)

i want to resurrect this thread because i had a bad experience with horizon rep brian and i am mad. it was about my ten-t, and the upshot was basically his calling me a liar, making sarcastic remarks and trying to best me in a match of wits. have others had a similar experience with brian or horizon? if so please post here about it, i'd like to know.

just to be clear, i know there are people who like horizon. but i seek neither validation nor sympathy, nor to argue about what happened here. i simply want to hearfrom people whose experience might have been like mine. thanks!