Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Sig Kadet Mark II

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 12:15 AM
rockom
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Kadet Mark II

Hello RCU,

I have a Sig Kadet MkII from about 20 years ago. The wing was built and then it sat in a shed for the past 20 years. The plane was given to me and I finished it. Seems to fly very well with some major adjustments. The wing seems to be warped. Not suprising since it has sat uncovered so long. My question is, does anyone have plans for the MkII wing. I would like to build a new wing. Or, does anyone have suggestions on a wing from another kit/arf that would be a good match?

By the way....I'm a newbie. This is my first plane and today was the first time the person training me did not have to take over on the buddy box. I greased in about 15-20 perfect landings and I must say the G2 software made all the difference.

-Rocko
Old 07-03-2003, 01:50 AM
DStone

Sig sells the plans for the Kadet Mk II and also a replacement wing kit. Your local hobby shop should be able to order them or you can order directly from Sig.
Old 07-03-2003, 01:55 AM
fly109
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wing KIt

NightZ,

Just checked and Sig sells a replacement kit for 40.95 but does not include instructions or plans or shipping. Give em a call at 641 - 623 - 5154, they should be able to help. If not, I am an OEM with Sig and will try to help. Let me know.
Old 07-03-2003, 02:10 AM
BALSABRO
My Feedback: (3)

Default Plans

I have a set of plans $10.00 plus shipping
Old 07-03-2003, 05:03 PM
Goinstraightup
My Feedback: (26)

The effort to rebuild the wing will be well worth it.

I learned on a Kadet MKII and it's a great plane! It does everything well. Later I instructed with it heavily, flew it with floats and skis. You'll love it.
Old 07-04-2003, 04:57 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default A new wing may not be neccessary

Since you are currently flying it what is exactly the problem? If its just has a tendency to roll one way or the other because one or both wings are twisted then if it is covered with film covering it is a very simple matter to support the middle of the wing and twist the wing tip whichever way it needs to untill wrinkles show up in the covering then just iron out the wrinkles while being twisted. This is very easy to do, It may take a couple of trys but works fine.

John