Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hi

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 10:27 PM
Aero-Frog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi

I googled my fathers name and one of the web sites that came up was this one. I knew he was a member of this forum because he would always tell of it. I was just especially missing him tonite and when I clicked on this link to read his posts I thought I would join so I could tell the friends he had here something I should have said 3 years ago. When he passed away a lot of you sent your condolences to my step mother in e-mails and that meant a lot to her and me. Your sentiments touched us deeply. I should have thanked you guys a long time ago but dealing with his passing was hard on me. I wish you all the best..................Art Grabow Jr.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:40 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Hi

I think of him every now and then too. In fact I saved a pic of his avatar just to have a fond thought. I got great joy out of ribbing him about the green goo on the wall of his shop.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf10238.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	1308114  
Old 11-04-2009, 11:11 PM
Aero-Frog

LOL...yeah his workshop needed some tender loving care. I still remember me and a friend of mine rewiring it for him. THAT was fun. He always wanted me to get into RC plane but I never did, I was more into the cars. Funny thing is...now Iwork on the real thing, planes that is. Funny huh?
Old 11-05-2009, 08:44 AM
Lightfoot
My Feedback: (1)

Your dad was a highly respected member of this forum. Imet him online around 1990 through RCOnline and chatted with him often over the years and grew to consider him a good friend. I regret that I never got a chance to meet him in person. He had an uncanny ability to read a person's personality online, which made him indispensible as a moderator. He is sorely missed both as a contributing member and a moderator.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GrnBrt, aka Art Grabow was one of my favorite members here. I can't believe he has been gone that long already. He is certainly missed around here, but the posts he made while a member here will stay on RCU forever. Hope all is with your family.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...cfm?memid=8142
Old 11-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Aero-Frog

It is hard to think that hes been gone that long. I still find myself wanting to call him when I have something funny I'd like to share or just when I need some fatherly advice (something we never really outgrow). In March it will be 4 years and its still tough. I guess you never really get over something like that. I still carry his military I.D. from when he was in viet-nam in my wallet. I wish he had been here when I enrolled in aviation tech school so he could see me become an A&P mechanic. Its good to know he had so many friends all over the world through his love of RC planes.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:04 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Art was a good man who always gave me good advice when trying to moderate a certain post.

I enjoyed talking with him on-line, even though he took jabs at me for being a jarhead

I would have never have thought it was coming up on 4 years already. I lost my Father 6 years ago, and it is a very difficult thing to go through.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:25 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I knew your Dad on the forum boards back in the RCO days and as well as the transittion into RCU when RCO folded up. Your Dad and I talked on the phone from time to time and it was his words and advice that helped me to understand the Viet Nam War and the Post Traumatic Shock that I was dealing with. He was able to put everything into a perspective for me that dozens of Doctors could not and when he was done explaining it, it made sense. He had the knowledge as he had been there and the wisdom to understand it all with the ability to be able to explain it. When he got sick and was admitted to the hospital, the management of RCU sent me a RCU decorated Bi Plane to build as well as a check with donations from the moderators here on RCU, for me to deliver to your Dad. I drove to Everett and had the absolute pleasure to meet your Dad and present him with the plane and check. Despite all his medical issue's, he was still full of wit and asked me how many RCU members were thrilled that he was in the hospital. I was only allowed to stay for a short time, however it was enough time for me know that your Dad was a special man, a man that I will never forget. It was a couple of days later that he passed and the world lost a man that was one of a kind. I will never forget Art, and I am thankful every day for what he did for me. Dave
Old 11-06-2009, 08:14 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Art was truly one of a kind. He will always be remembered by those of us who knew him (even if only through RCU) and will forever be sorely missed
Old 11-06-2009, 08:49 AM
Live Wire

Interesting how ART can pop in here and see how we are doing Great man and a Fair Moderator he is missed by all
The Old
RC OUTLAW
Larry K