Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

questions in "Buy and Sell"

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

questions in "Buy and Sell"

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 06:58 AM
pettit
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default questions in "Buy and Sell"

Is it me or do some of you out there get questions like "how much nose weight do I add", "Will an OS 120 fly it" or "How did you set the horizontal stab" get sent to you when you're just trying to sell the danged plane?

I don't mind answering questions about the plane, but I feel this is not the place to be asking them, especially when the person asking has no intention of even making an offer on the plane in the first place.

What happened to PM's or emails? I'd be happy to answer them all, but not in the "FOR SALE" forum.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:14 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: questions in

I ignore posts like that. Not even a reply.
Edwin
Old 11-13-2009, 10:03 AM
Waco
My Feedback: (265)

When I first started selling on here I got these all the time, How big is it, what is the wing span, how much does it weigh? does it fly good? could you see if the hardware is any good? what kind of cowl does it have? etc. and after 3 days of emails they would say oh well I don't think I want it, bye. I think these are kids just seeing how many hoops you will jump through before you get pissed. I personally don't put up with them anymore and tell them to read the ad.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Sessholvlaru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love how even when I put things like "WILL NOT SHIP, PLEASE DO NOT ASK" in caps and all, I still get questions like "How much to ship to XXXXX?" Or when people ask to meet me half way, especially when I am in NJ and the buyer is in SC...
Old 11-18-2009, 04:58 AM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I ask a question and don't get a response... I move on to another seller. I got a RTF Ad response recently. He blew a $550 sale.

If I am buying something in a store, if I have a problem, I ask a question. Does not mean that I am not serious about buying.... two sides to a coin. Yes I see the other side.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:01 AM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I kinda doubt that kids ask questions in the marketplace to see if they can make sellers upset.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:09 AM
pettit
My Feedback: (23)

As I may have stated in the beginning, it's not the questions asked about the plane I am selling that bothers me.

It's the questions asked by people that want to build that kit or ARF themselves, or are planning to do some modifications to their plane.

The questions do not have anything to do with actually considering the purchase of MY plane.

There are other forums here on RCU that are the proper place to ask those kinds of questions.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:04 AM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: pettit

As I may have stated in the beginning, it's not the questions asked about the plane I am selling that bothers me.

It's the questions asked by people that want to build that kit or ARF themselves, or are planning to do some modifications to their plane.

The questions do not have anything to do with actually considering the purchase of MY plane.

There are other forums here on RCU that are the proper place to ask those kinds of questions.
The problem is Dick, they know your the expert, so they ask you. Why they do it in your ads is because you might not see their post in another forum.